Ready Set Train - The workoutgame
  • Brankiegames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Ready Set Train - The workoutgame

by Brankiegames » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi all,

A few days ago I've started a Kickstarterproject named "Ready Set Train - The workoutgame".
    I want to change the world through games. Games that will inspire people to be the best version of themselves.
    With this first game, I want people to get healthier, while connecting people.
    People do exercises in this game, apart and together, so it's quite an unique game.
    And the game is playable with 2-99 players from all ages above 6, so many people can play it (together).
    But, I'm not really an expert with computers.
    Now, my Kickstarterproject isn't getting funded. People from The Netherlands (where I live) say that it's really a cool game, and many of them are buying the Dutch version. But they can't fund my game, since in The Netherlands very few people have creditcards and you need one for funding on Kickstarter.

I don't have any contacts at all abroad, and since I am a bit of a technonoob, I can't seem to get attention on Kickstarter.

Can someone help me getting some people on my page fast?

Here is the link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/br ... =user_menu

With kind regards,
    Brian

• Brankiegames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Ready Set Train - The workoutgame

by Brankiegames » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 am

Thank you for your reply! I've shared it with everyone I know and everyone is sharing it aswel.
    But it can't seem to get funded, which my friends find very strange...
    There are not many friends who have contacts abroad, so maybe that's the problem.
    I've already used Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, some other forums and Google +.

Maybe someone knows who has many contacts and is willing to share this project?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon May 01, 2017 6:15 am

Hi, my quick question is - if your friends are finding that you haven't been funded yet...are they actually backing you and supporting the campaign?

I think asking them why they haven't bought one is critical to identifying the success of your campaign.

From what I can see the rewards are a bit weird. Who cares to back you to see you or your gf do exercises? For 1000 euros, you'll put the backer's name on your site? For 1000, people could get alot more value for their buck for sure.

If this is aimed at 6 years + then the campaign should be structured this way, showing kids playing the game and getting testimonials from people playing it. 20k euros is a big amount, I think it's right now it's too hard to reach.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Brankiegames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Brankiegames » Fri May 05, 2017 2:20 pm

hyperstarter wrote:Hi, my quick question is - if your friends are finding that you haven't been funded yet...are they actually backing you and supporting the campaign?

I think asking them why they haven't bought one is critical to identifying the success of your campaign.

From what I can see the rewards are a bit weird. Who cares to back you to see you or your gf do exercises? For 1000 euros, you'll put the backer's name on your site? For 1000, people could get alot more value for their buck for sure.

If this is aimed at 6 years + then the campaign should be structured this way, showing kids playing the game and getting testimonials from people playing it. 20k euros is a big amount, I think it's right now it's too hard to reach.

Most of my friends don't have a creditcard (as this is quite uncommon in the Netherlands) or have already bought the Dutch version of the game.
    I'm new to Kickstarter and thought people would appreciate humourous rewards such as the workout-reward.

Thank you for your honest feedback. I will definitely use it in our next Kickstarter!

With kind regards,
    Brian
  • Brankiegames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Brankiegames » Mon May 08, 2017 9:43 am

Our project has been canceled, because it was highly likely we would not meet our goal. But, we will be back soon! We've done some research and now know why we didn't have many backers for our project. Our goal was too high, we didn't promote our project beforehand and the rewards were not interesting enough. We will improve all these elements so next time we will have higher chances of succeeding.
    Do you want to know when this will happen? Then:

Like our Facebookpage:
    https://www.facebook.com/BrankiegamesEN

Follow us on Twitter (@brankiegames)

Thank you so much for checking out our project and see you soon!
  • airpaq
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by airpaq » Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 am

yes, building up a community who is interesed in your product before kickstarter is essential!! you should start with promoting AT LEAST one month in advance. good luck for your second try!
  • Brankiegames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Brankiegames » Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 am

Thank you very much! :)