newbie overwhelmed
  • pab205
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

newbie overwhelmed

by pab205 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 am

Hi all,
    I'm a mom designer and I launched a business last year to moderate success (still in red) but it has been slowly growing. I designed a sweater for moms. It is easy to store and ship so it's a perfect entry product. But my passion is designing bags and I designed a whole system of bags for parents that allow you to travel efficiently in style. I had first done a baby carrier but the market was really challenging and so I tabled that til I got more established and then I did a backpack that would hook up to the carrier (still plans to do later). But after interviewing moms and my own experience I realized the best first product would be a tote bag. I designed it so that you would actually have two bags. One is a diaper bag and one is a tote.
    I did this because i used to buy expensive diaper bags and put baby crap (not literally) in there and my stuff but then I'd drop the baby off at daycare and I didn't have my cute bag anymore and then i had to have another bag for all the stuff I took with me. So, I ended up with this really cool system of a yin and yang type bag that clips together and separates. And the clips work on all the bags I've designed such as the backpack and baby carrier...in fact eventually baby carrier will fold up and clip to diaper bag...if I ever get this project funded!

So i had a friend who has done a few successful campaigns but she's also in the midst of fulfilling one and she helped me with video. she was going to help with the promoting it but we're 6 days in and i haven't seen anything. I've been redditing ,blogging, fbing, etc etc and managed a few sales, at 12% of 15k. But i'm a bit down. I also hired a PR person who has helped another baby brand fund. But she's been a bit behind on deliverables to the point that I'm getting a little scared here that we won't make it. The good news is everyone who has seen it is really impressed with the product and execution. Anyways, so taht's where we are at. I got the draft of the PR stuff today and it needs some work but it's decent. I hope they can start emailing out tomorrow. I do ahve an email list but it's about 1200 people and my customers like my sweater but they're all a little tight in the purse so no one has lunged at the opportunity to support. Anyways, so thats that. head over to my campaign and leave some comments or share. thanks again.
    - Priscilla

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: newbie overwhelmed

by hyperstarter » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:28 am

Sounds cool, but you really need to break your post into readable paragraphs :)

So you're still in the draft stage it seems. How about a press kit and images, are you putting those together too?

How about sending samples? I could take a quick look or run your draft on your Hyperstarter site for a review.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Dr.FrankenPepper
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dr.FrankenPepper » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I would suggest giving examples of the product for people to view here . :) Best of Luck.
  • orfeo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by orfeo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:20 am

I can see your passion from the long paragraphs though it would be better if it get shortened.

Also, images or examples would be better for us to understand. \

thxx
  • jmlee111
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jmlee111 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi Pab205,
    I am a newbie here, I am curious to know if you met your goal at the end?

I just launched my own campaign and am in your current situation. Can you advise what you did or what worked for you at the end? Any tips/hint would be helpful.

Thank you,

-Jerry Lee
    My Project - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... ref=c40vbt
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 am

I would be interested too as I gave some advice to her last year :)

I saw your campaign, I think it's pretty hard to promote as there's ALOT of wallet campaigns around plus they have features that protect cards from readers and other connected technolofy.

The selling point is that it's a neat looking wallet, that can carry more cards than a normal wallet and looks durable enough. If you promote how lightweight, secure and small it is - then I think it would help.

Let me know if can help in any way.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • alba_interpretame
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by alba_interpretame » Sun May 07, 2017 1:17 pm

I am under a similar situation, it looked easier from outside, but all this media work is exhausting. Good luck!