Feedback for Super Laces/SLi-Tie campaign
    themarxis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Feedback for Super Laces/SLi-Tie campaign

by themarxis » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello everyone! I was hoping to get some feedback about our Kickstarter campaign. We have 25 days left and are only at 3% funded. We have not gotten off to a great start, and I am now seeing why. I have a partner Miriam Jacobs, who is the face of the campaign.. I will admit that we had a bad launch and even with a website , Facebook and 700 twitter followers we just can't seem to get things going. I want to run some Facebook and Instagram ads, but would like some feedback first from those who have done it. Please check out our Kickstarter page and give some honest feedback? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kickstarter Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... shoelace-t

Twitter:@SuperLaces

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SLiTie/

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Feedback for Super Laces/SLi-Tie campaign

by therriaultk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 am

Hi! :)

I checked out your campaign and I have a few opinions and suggestions.

From like 1:19 to 2:15 of your Kickstarter video was golden. It was bright and fun and the kids in superhero costumes learning to tie their shoelaces were really cute. I thought the beginning cool, but ultimately it comes off a bit weird. At some points, you can barely hear the narrator's voice over the music.

I also find that your logo design is off for your target market. The bright colors against black look almost sporty. If you're looking to appeal to mommy blogs and parenting magazines to get the word out I think your marketing and design should reflect that a little bit more. I do like the superhero theme, though.

I think sections like "What are SuperLaces?" and "How They Work" should be featured earlier, because it isn't super clear from the title and campaign heading what the 'teaching tool' is. Love the idea, but it should be clear that they are special shoelaces that use color-coded velcro to guide kids through the process of learning to tie their shoes right away.

For your Twitter page, again the bright text against black is a little bit painful to look at. A picture of kids learning to use SuperLaces would be cute and showcase your product better. Maybe add the headline to that picture in a different, less intense, font?

It looks like you share the same link to your campaign several times daily on Twitter. I would suggest sharing other content (I saw one other relevant post in your niche, which was a good start), updates on your project as you reach milestones, and more different pictures from your campaign. Try tagging influencers like this parenting account in some of your posts: https://twitter.com/parenting and following more influencers in your niche and the types of people who might buy your product.

I hope none of this sounds too harsh and that these tips are helpful. I think your campaign has a lot of potential with some subtle changes in execution. Feel free to keep up updated and ask any questions!
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Feedback for Super Laces/SLi-Tie campaign

by lowkey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 am

honest opinion?

you need to fix a lot of things. basically everything the top fake profile picture comments mentioned.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled