Lost Treasure Of The Valley - Short Film
  • LTOTV
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Lost Treasure Of The Valley - Short Film

by LTOTV » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm producing a short film with my friends called Lost Treasure Of The Valley. It's an action adventure movie that takes the cult film mentality of films like Repo Man and combines them with the sincerity and adventure of 80s films like Explorers, set against Sergio Leone style visuals.

We have an incredible Director and a great crew that has worked on shows like Robot Chicken and Super Mension. Even better, we have two 90s icons in our cast - "All That's" Lori Beth Denberg and Greg Lee, host of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego."

We're currently sitting at 60% of our goal with 24 days left. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll make it. So far most of our funding has come through PPC and Social Media targeting fans of the actors.

The project can be found here: http://kck.st/2h7qP3M

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in funding, we have some great rewards available. If not, I'd love to hear and suggestions or comments about our campaign and what we could improve.

Thanks!

- Jon

• LTOTV
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Lost Treasure Of The Valley - Short Film

by LTOTV » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 pm

We're not sitting at 77% with 17 days to go. I am feeling optimistic about getting fully funded, we're having our actors do some podcasts this weekend that hopefully can help pique interest.
  • porter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by porter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Wow! Congratulations Jon...looks like a great effort. Did you then did the podcasts? Did they prove good in gaining interest?
  • LTOTV
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by LTOTV » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:05 pm

We did a podcast last week that gave us a bump and we have another one we did that's going live today and we'll see how it goes. I think more than anything they give credibility to the project if not translating into a direct dollar amount. The biggest success we had was through working various social media accounts that already had a lot of followers and credibility, we always saw a good rise after tweets/posts from twitter users with 15k or so followers. Blowing out FB ads also helped fill in the gaps during lulls.

We're over 90% funded now and slowing but I think we'll make it. In hindsight, I feel like I probably did a lot of initiative too early and for my next project would most likely wait until there were 7 days left to really promote via FB and google ads, as I saw a good surge from those in the very beginning that would've been helpful over this last week.
  • porter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by porter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 am

Very useful tips, Jon thanks! We're also about to launch a campaign and we did quite a bit of hype. Let's see...
  • digital24
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by digital24 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Looks interesting, i usually recommend breaking up large bodies of text, todays internet users have such a short attention span, esp when they see lots of text with no pictures or breaks! Good luck!!
    256-BIT secure USB drive, fingerprint unlocking, for password and data management in today's world
    https://goo.gl/sx9oq5
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:07 pm

I adore movies and the way actors playing their role. My favorite actor is Reese Witherspoon. During the quarantine I was watching all the celebrities on social media and what they were doing while staying home. I took a cue from them because I just was wasting my time doing nothing all day. So I thought about how to plan my day. I found a great site with celebrities' activities and got many ideas from the celebrities and began to be more productive and started to read many books, from the Reese I got the idea about painting so it was a nice try to paint a lot of stuff and it was funny.