Screw Crowd PR
  • Andrew6900
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Screw Crowd PR

by Andrew6900 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 am

I just wanted to bring something to light about Crowd PR www.crowd.pr. I think the .PR domain should be a red flag to all, but I digress. I have had dealings with them on past campaigns, and by dealings I mean email conversations. I have wanted to try them out for a long time, but this one takes the cake, and I will never use them.

I ASKED THEM TO WORK ON PURE COMMISSION, a simple request, I wasn’t asking for their first born son for crying out loud!

Here was their response:

--- --- ---

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017, at 11:28 AM, William Henry <william@crowd.pr> wrote:

I have told you time and time again, we do not work on commission. Stop emailing me every week to ask this. My answer will not change!

William Henry | business development
    Crowd PR | www.crowd.pr

Office hours: 9am-10pm PST
    156 2nd St. San Francisco, CA 94105

---

I was shocked. I have never seen such unprofessionalism in all my days. Yelling at a client in an email? This person is clearly a mad man, messed up in the head. All I have done was try to persuade him to work on commission for my campaign. Yes I was persistent, but so what? THAT IS MY RIGHT AS A MEMBER OF THE KICKSTARTER COMMUNITY.

But it confirmed my suspicions: crowdfunding pr agency who does not work on commission is a scam. It was put on my heart long ago that if these agencies are so great then they should be able to work on commission.

I will be posting several negative reviews of Crowd PR based on his response alone.

After some time of reflection to cool off, I replied, casually bating him knowing full well I would show the world what a monster they are:

--- --- ---

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 3:00 PM, ******** <*****@************-*******.com> wrote:

If you can’t work on commission then I know you are a scam. If you are able to raise funds then you should have no problem with it. I see Crowd PR and your domain of www.crowd.pr is not even a .com domain. How am I supposed to trust someone with a .pr domain?

--- --- ---

Crowd PR’s response here:

On Mon, Nov 1, 2017, at 04:28 AM, William Henry <william@crowd.pr> wrote:

That is not a valid argument, and I don’t even understand what you are talking about. It does not matter if we have a .com or a .pr, and I think you are making an invalid argument.

We only work under the pricing model described on The Crowd PR website: www.crowd.pr.

PS - I am proud of our .PR domain! Our domain is literally our agency name. Don’t you get it?

Crowd PR | www.crowd.pr

--- --- ---

I proceeded to call him out about more things. His website was terribly designed without even case study pages, or a contact me page. They didn’t even have a tos or privacy policy shown. That is illegal in many countries. I reported him for that to the BBB, and I am awaiting their response for that.

I’ll just show the remaining conversation we had here. I want to expose Crowd PR for their pricing, and I want it to be a lesson to all other marketing agencies:

IF YOU REFUSE TO WORK ON COMMISSION, YOU ARE A SCAM. WE WILL FIND YOU, AND WE WILL BRING YOU DOWN!

Our remaining conversation is as follows, edited for brevity:

--- --- ---

On Thurs, Nov 2, 2017, at 01:08 PM, William Henry <william@crowd.pr> wrote:

Our price is our price. We will not work on commission, we never have and we never will.

Crowd PR | www.crowd.pr

--- --- ---

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM, ******** <*****@************-*******.com> wrote:

That is because you are a scam. Prove to me you are not a scam. I want a guarantee, in contract, of a minimum of $200,000 raised. If you are so good at PR then this should be no issue for you.

--- --- ---

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017, at 04:02 PM, William Henry <william@crowd.pr> wrote:

That is not a rational request. If you continue to email me I will add you to our spam filter.

Crowd PR | www.crowd.pr

--- --- ---

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:20 PM, ******** <*****@************-*******.com> wrote:

Fine. But I will show the world and the whole kickstarter community about this. Every real firm works on straight commission. Thanks for proving to me that you are not a real firm.

--- --- ---

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017, at 04:22 PM, William Henry <william@crowd.pr> wrote:

REPORTED FOR SPAM

Crowd PR | www.crowd.pr

littleguy101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Crowd PR

by littleguy101 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am

I think you went a bit overboard in your conversation with Crowd PR, you were asking for a lot in the guarantee from Crowd PR. I think a 100k-800k guarantee is more reasonable. The problem with Crowd PR and all other crowdfunding agencies like it is that they refuse to offer such guarantees. I hope to find a good pr agency one day, but for now i’ll just stick to organic traffic and organic results.

Their website is www.crowd.pr just FYI

Plus, their website is total crap. Where are the case studies even? And I agree the .pr domain is a dead give away. I checked the whois for crowd.pr and look what came up: https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.a ... id=GoDaddy

It doesn't even show up. They must have found a way around the whois. Sneaky marketing agencies these days.
    Last edited by littleguy101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • chet.matrine
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by chet.matrine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:14 am

I second this notion. I have not worked with Crowd PR, but do not like their website (www.crowd.pr). There is no way to even tell for sure if they worked with those big campaigns or not. It seems too good to be true. And if it seems too good to be true, it always is. Should you use Crowd PR? I do not know.
    Last edited by chet.matrine on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • alexissmith
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by alexissmith » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 am

We really need to start banding together as a community to stop all of these marketing programs from workign with clients, especially Crowd PR. I know someone posts it here every week, but we really do need to unite as community. What can we do to fight this? Divided we are weak, but united we are strong.
    Last edited by alexissmith on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • galeunderwood
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by galeunderwood » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:23 am

alexissmith wrote:We really need to start banding together as a community to stop all of these marketing campaigns. I know someone posts it here every week, but we really do need to unite as community. What can we do to fight this? Divided we are weak, but united we are strong.

You have my sword, and my axe brother! 8-)

In addition to crowd pr we must bring down:

funded today
    command partners
    agency2.0
    crowd pr guru
    top level pr
    matix labs
    crowd pr

I have filed complains with the BBB (bbb.org) against all these folk, but it is not enough. PM me if you are with me in this fight bretheren!
    Last edited by galeunderwood on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    here's my campaign link: http://kck.st/2zpXDxF
  • Maestro
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by Maestro » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 am

Just had a conversation with them recently too. I think this is the appropriate place to post this as a message to our community.

Crowd PR wanted me to actually send them a dime upfront. Ha! I hope no one on here is stupid enough to pay money to a marketing agency, steer clear everyone. I’ll post the gist of my convo with them here for future reference

*** official record ***

Crowd PR http://www.crowd.pr wrote:

Our rate is $3k per month for a PR campaign

I wrote:

I can pay after the campaign is over right?

We bill upfront at the start of each month for work to begin. This is standard practice in the PR industry

I wrote:

Yeah standard practice in the industry of poop maybe. I don’t pay. I pay for raging success only. If you can make that happen, I will gladly pay you $100 per article that is published. Otherwise quit wasting my time.

We do not work that way, but please do get in touch with us if you get a budget together.

I wrote:

Whatever.

*** end official record ***
    Last edited by Maestro on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    The Maestro
    littleguy101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Crowd PR

by littleguy101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 am

chet.matrine wrote:I second this notion. I have not worked with them, but I can just tell they are a scam. There is no way to even tell for sure if they worked with those big campaigns or not. It seems too good to be true. And if it seems too good to be true, it always is. BEWARE CROWD PR EVERYONE

Wow so I just got an email from Crowd PR today too. I hate these crowd pr and their crap. I would never work with them, I don't give any pr company my trust least of all Crowd PR. Such a generic name too.. "Crowd PR" it's like they want to seem like the official crowdfunding pr firm or something. Rubbish! I totally agree about the domain http://crowd.pr/. They must be trying to hide something by using a domain that isn't a dot com. Makes it much harder to look up the whois info on Crowd PR that way.

I can't even find any official reviews on Crowd PR. Thats basically all I need to know about a crap crowdfunding company. No reviews means no trust. STEER CLEAR EVERYONE AND COMMUNITY BEWARE! CREATORS BEWARE, AND BACKERS BEWARE OF CROWD PR
    Last edited by littleguy101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Screw Crowd PR

by Cristina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • kgomez203
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kgomez203 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Thank you for letting us know about this!
  • wondercutter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by wondercutter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:03 am

We also have had similar experiences with Crowd PR and their poor service.
    Currently we are planning on bringing this into court, and
    we are wondering if any of you might be interested in joining us on this.
    Please send us a private message and let us know if you are interested.

Thank you.