Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

General Chat + Introduce Yourself

Is Tross Marketing a SCAM??

by drudge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

It looks like Tross Marketing is just killing it recently. They did the Vessi waterproof knit shoe campaign and it shows their badge on the bottom this campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... knit-shoes. If theres one thing i've learned from the crowdfunding community here, its to auto assume someone is a scam until proven otherwise. I suspect these guys are scams though. I learned from the Sonders Ebike campaign that Agency2.0 didn't really do much and that all their funding was organic. Im really tempted to try them out. But part of me knows better and knows just to focus on building a great product and letting everything else fall into place.

What does the community think of this? Should I BEWARE???
we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
drudge
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by BeetBlueJohn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:44 pm

drudge wrote:It looks like Tross Marketing is just killing it recently. They did the Vessi waterproof knit shoe campaign and it shows their badge on the bottom this campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... knit-shoes. If theres one thing i've learned from the crowdfunding community here, its to auto assume someone is a scam until proven otherwise. I suspect these guys are scams though. I learned from the Sonders Ebike campaign that Agency2.0 didn't really do much and that all their funding was organic. Im really tempted to try them out. But part of me knows better and knows just to focus on building a great product and letting everything else fall into place.

What does the community think of this? Should I BEWARE???

How do you even know they did that campaign? What tools are you using to research? whois searching is extremely valuable, as is the community here. Other than that, you never know whats true and whats false. You can't get scammed though, its just not worth the risk. I say you pass on this crowdfunding agency until the community has spoken about further knowledge regarding them. And even then, its still a risk. Not worth taking usually.
BeetBlueJohn
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by FRAUDWATCHMAN » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:27 pm

I have the WHOIS information here: https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois ... n=tross.co. They appear to be based in Israel. If they tell you that they are based in the US then that is a lie and you need to pass on them, anytime a marketing person lies you can just write them off as a scam.
I am the watchman of fraud, always on the lookout to report crowdfunding scams, thieves, and falsehood. I've fell for countless crowdfunding scams, and it's my mission to stop as many of them as possible.
FRAUDWATCHMAN
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by drudge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll check and see what they say about where they are based.
we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
drudge
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by littleguy101 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm

So what if their "badge" is on a campaign? That doesn't prove crap and it doesn't prove they really worked with them or made a big impact on their crowdfunding campaign. A badge is just a badge, what you want is results.
littleguy101
-- Senior Member --
-- Senior Member --

by danishlatif853 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:32 pm

littleguy101 wrote:So what if their "badge" is on a campaign? That doesn't prove crap and it doesn't prove they really worked with them or made a big impact on their crowdfunding campaign. A badge is just a badge, what you want is results.

Yes I am agree. Many promotions have the badge on their campaign pages, but It doesn't prove anything to me either.
We are preparing for our first launch, coming up in 1 months time!!!
danishlatif853
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by Cristina » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
Forum Moderator.
Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
Cristina
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

Return to General Chat + Introduce Yourself

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts