Is Tross Marketing a SCAM??
    drudge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Is Tross Marketing a SCAM??

by drudge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

It looks like Tross Marketing is just killing it recently. They did the Vessi waterproof knit shoe campaign and it shows their badge on the bottom this campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... knit-shoes. If theres one thing i've learned from the crowdfunding community here, its to auto assume someone is a scam until proven otherwise. I suspect these guys are scams though. I learned from the Sonders Ebike campaign that Agency2.0 didn't really do much and that all their funding was organic. Im really tempted to try them out. But part of me knows better and knows just to focus on building a great product and letting everything else fall into place.

What does the community think of this? Should I BEWARE???

we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
  • BeetBlueJohn
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Is Tross Marketing a SCAM??

by BeetBlueJohn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:44 pm

drudge wrote:It looks like Tross Marketing is just killing it recently. They did the Vessi waterproof knit shoe campaign and it shows their badge on the bottom this campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... knit-shoes. If theres one thing i've learned from the crowdfunding community here, its to auto assume someone is a scam until proven otherwise. I suspect these guys are scams though. I learned from the Sonders Ebike campaign that Agency2.0 didn't really do much and that all their funding was organic. Im really tempted to try them out. But part of me knows better and knows just to focus on building a great product and letting everything else fall into place.

What does the community think of this? Should I BEWARE???

How do you even know they did that campaign? What tools are you using to research? whois searching is extremely valuable, as is the community here. Other than that, you never know whats true and whats false. You can't get scammed though, its just not worth the risk. I say you pass on this crowdfunding agency until the community has spoken about further knowledge regarding them. And even then, its still a risk. Not worth taking usually.
    FRAUDWATCHMAN
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FRAUDWATCHMAN » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:27 pm

I have the WHOIS information here: https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois ... n=tross.co. They appear to be based in Israel. If they tell you that they are based in the US then that is a lie and you need to pass on them, anytime a marketing person lies you can just write them off as a scam.
    I am the watchman of fraud, always on the lookout to report crowdfunding scams, thieves, and falsehood. I've fell for countless crowdfunding scams, and it's my mission to stop as many of them as possible.
    drudge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by drudge » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll check and see what they say about where they are based.
    we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
    littleguy101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by littleguy101 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm

So what if their "badge" is on a campaign? That doesn't prove crap and it doesn't prove they really worked with them or made a big impact on their crowdfunding campaign. A badge is just a badge, what you want is results.
  • danishlatif853
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by danishlatif853 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:32 pm

littleguy101 wrote:So what if their "badge" is on a campaign? That doesn't prove crap and it doesn't prove they really worked with them or made a big impact on their crowdfunding campaign. A badge is just a badge, what you want is results.

Yes I am agree. Many promotions have the badge on their campaign pages, but It doesn't prove anything to me either.
    We are preparing for our first launch, coming up in 1 months time!!!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Johnny Appleseed
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Johnny Appleseed » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm

I doubt it, over all most agencies are not scams. But sometimes they do real work and you just don't make any money off of it.
    The Johnny Appleseed Project
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Tross Review

by hyperstarter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

No I don't think they're a scam. They've been around for a while and their logo reminds me a bit of Sonic!
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Possiounds
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Possiounds » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:42 pm

thanks for answers as i was wondering the same thing for a while. is there someone who has more *detailed* answers in either is that indeed not a scam? or proves that it is a scam in case it is? thanks! Healthy Appetizer Crepes with Salmon
    Last edited by Possiounds on Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.