THE BASICS OF CROWD PR
  • gustofwisdom
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by gustofwisdom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:33 pm

The Crowd PR agency is a very active agency in our community. They have an outbound sales program, and from what I have read many founders have met with them. Here is their website: http://www.crowd.pr

It is a well-known fact that public relations are a core program of a marketing campaign. Outreach gurus often claim they can get a product featured by top media outlets. But many of them are not able to do this. As a result, my theory is that advertisement is by far the biggest determining factor in the success of a campaign. Indiegogo will also actually help campaign achieve press coverage. You only need to reach out.

Social media is a key feature, and this agency does not have an active presence there: http://www.facebook.com/crowdpragency. They claim to be the best advertising agency on the planet, and yet they don't seem to use social often. Dark social is a new marketing channel and it is becoming vital to a campaign's success.

I have found several case studies they have listed, but there is no way to check those references:

crowdpr_casestudies.png
    crowdpr_casestudies.png (196.69 KiB) Viewed 1756 times

We as campaign executives are left baffled by this. When you launch on Kickstarter, you are flooded with offers of services and information. It is tempting to just say no to all of them, as there is limited time to review offers. What I like to do instead is a post about companies on here when my campaign is live, and wait for feedback. I won't make a move unless I get the green light from the community here. I also see a long thread about Crowd PR posted here: has-anyone-hired-crowd-pr-t11437.html
    Last edited by gustofwisdom on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Scammed by Crowd PR Ninja aka Crowdfunding PR Ninjas

by Cristina » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:37 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • eloisecrowdfunds
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by eloisecrowdfunds » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 am

Crowd PR is a top PR agency for crowdfunding; Crowdfunding involves raising money for a project from the public through the internet. Instead of depending on the traditional investors, crowdfunding campaigns rely on the general public to raise fund. At Crowd PR, we recognize that most small businesses are finding it difficult to raise money and that is why we make use of a unique approach to managing our client's crowdfunding campaign.

Although there are more than 600 crowding funding platform around the world, Crowd PR makes use of result-oriented platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo where donations can be sought in return for a special reward which could be a free product or a chance to design the product to showcase our clients business and projects to the world.

To make our crowdfunding campaign result oriented, Crowd PR does not make use of mass email, mail merges, or form pitching. Instead, we do things the hard way by pitching journalists one by one, with most of our pitches originating from a phone call or text message before an email. All our PR campaigns are handcrafted and done by hand.

When you don’t have an engaging story to tell in crowdfunding campaign then your bid could be a flop that is why when you choose Crowd PR for your crowdfunding campaign, we will help you create a compelling message that will draw readers to the campaign. We will produce a unique profile for your business which will contain an introduction to your project, a short video, list of rewards per donation, and some images to elaborate more on the campaign.

Each of the campaign created by Crowd PR is focused on more significant purpose and the driving force behind the brand; we try to build a unique community of like-minded individuals. The campaign has a set goal and a fixed number of days. Our Crowdfunding campaign provides a unique strategy for small business to take their companies to the next level by pitching their business plan to the masses.

Crowd PR crowdfunding campaign does not only provide the business with needed cash, but it also creates a base of clients who have a stake in the business. Our post campaign program is an influencer marketing / PR hybrid. We pay influencers on critical social media accounts (youtube is particularly great for this), we continue pitching journalists, and we pitch to influencers who don’t require payment. Paying for media via influencers (influencer ads) has a quite high conversion rate, even higher than Facebook Ads when done right.

Most of our tech campaigns start with coverage in tech blogs, and then we make our way out into the open ocean of gear blogs, lifestyle publications, digital magazines, etc. There is an endless sea of places a product can get featured by. If you are in search of a PR firm to carry out your crowdfunding campaign, then contact Crowd PR today by clicking here and get a result-oriented campaign that will not only help you generate money but will also increase your customers stake in the business.
    Last edited by eloisecrowdfunds on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • gustofwisdom
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by gustofwisdom » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 am

Entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart, and it is most certainly not for the feeble minded. If people don’t understand basic business principles like checking references to see if something is a scam, then they have no business being an entrepreneur. These people are what we call “wantrepreneurs” - just wannabees.

You’re not helping anyone and I am kind of getting tired of you posting this analysis on every company. It gets old. We need to hear from the winners on this forum, let the losers continue to lose. I want to learn how to win, I don’t care about helping foolish people it is a total waste of time.
    Last edited by gustofwisdom on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • picklerick
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by picklerick » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 am

I think you are missing the whole point of this community. Look at the posts here. This place is not a place for already successful people. This is a place for people who are just learning and don’t really know anything about business.

We unite against the big media, against big marketing, and against public relations firms like Crowd PR and Funded Today. Crowd PR being the most egregious offender, they are all over the place online and I found their website. I’ve never seen a big campaign even bother to post in here.

This is mainly a founder reporting site for the crowdfunding community. It works amazingly for that, so quit trying to make this website into something that it was never meant to be. The tradition is that if you have a bad experience you do a post about it here and tell people to stay away from the offending company. You won’t find much by way of advice on how to succeed, but what you will find is plenty of reports on what not to do.

Once you learn what not to do effectively, then you will be a default team member for solutions.
    Last edited by picklerick on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    I'm pickle riiiick. Now on kickstarter: http://kck.st/2AzRAFM
    drudge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by drudge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am

There was just a post on here from a big campaign in relation to Crowd PR] I think you are only seeing the fraud watch section about what marketing companies to avoid. Here are a few other sections of the Kickstarter forum that are filled with great information about Kickstarter:

General Chat + Introduce Yourself
    general-chat-introduce-yourself-f7.html

Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)
    kickstarter-and-crowdfunding-questions-only-strict-f4.html

Kickstarter Tips and Advice
    kickstarter-tips-and-advice-f14.html

Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)
    share-your-kickstarter-story-updates-campaign-stats-marketing-strategies-used-f26.html

Our website here if a fine resource for information on marketing, PR, media, and Kickstarter community marketing. Use it well, as it contains years and years of wisdom that has been passed down to all of us here.
    Last edited by drudge on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
    littleguy101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by littleguy101 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 am

I see that you linked to a bunch of websites and made a bunch of accusations, but what evidence do you have that they are the same company? Just linking to a bunch of stuff proves nothing. Here in America where I live called “innocent until proven guilty”. Are you actually claiming that Crowd PR is Funded Today? They are not the same company, Crowd PR is Crowd PR and nothing more.

It sounds like you’re just on some witch hunt and you don’t have evidence at all of any of your accusations. Quit wasting our time with baseless accusations unless you have some legit evidence. If you are lying and trying to deceive us, then you yourself are a scam. If you’re lying you’re hurting this community just as much as a scammer. So either provide evidence or stop posting here about Crowd PR.
    Last edited by littleguy101 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • BeetBlueJohn
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by BeetBlueJohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 am

We as a community of founders and startups must take a good hard look at ourselves and our practices. Youtube influencers have been known to drive serious returns to campaigns. Snapchat is too new of a platform to see value from. Instagram is the top boss when it comes to returning on investment from influencer marketing though.

A common thread is that entrepreneurs get antsy during a live campaign. Patience is key my friends, do not risk and never take risks during a live campaign. Only follow guaranteed paths to success, and if that path has more than 7 steps you must never take that path. Easy, quick, wealth that is what we are a community is after.

We are small, untrained, and foolish yes. But united we are strong. Value is provided where it is needed. Startups raise huge amounts in Silicon Valley. Entrepreneurs practice marketing, and search engine marketing is instrumental to success. We will follow proven paths to guarantees only.
    Last edited by BeetBlueJohn on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • trent.palo.smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by trent.palo.smith » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 am

I think that if an agency claims to provide guaranteed media placement in top-tier media outlets or any kind of media outlet for that matter, you can best believe that it is a scam. Crowdfunding creators need to get some common sense. If you sent your money to someone who made guarantees and you got ripped off, please stop posting on this forum like a crybaby. You should have known better than to do that. It's a shame that I need to post this, but the most Kickstarter creators just plain lack common sense I suppose.

Crowdfunding placement is what drives sales. Everyone wants to focus on media planning, but content marketing is king. When you are recruiting, be sure to acquire top talent. The value of public relations lies in the coverage. Press coverage is not easy to obtain from press outreach. Your outreach must be strong and placid in order to results to be obtained. We swear by this.
    Last edited by trent.palo.smith on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • BigBoJackson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by BigBoJackson » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:29 am

I think it is important for us as a community to officially define what a marketing scam is and what it is not.

Is someone with zero experience who works 100 hours on your campaign but delivers no backers a scam? Is someone who gets you only one article in a media outlet a scam?

The scam seems to be a very liberally applied term here. I saw someone claim they got scammed because they only got featured on The Verge. They sounded like a spoiled brat, I would kill to get an article about my product in there.

A scam is when someone takes your money and does zero work. Zero hours. Keep in mind that working only a few hours is the same as none. So if you’re going to go to this board and whine and complain that you were scammed, please make sure that you were actually being scammed and that you’re not just complaining about being unhappy with the results.

It’s the same thing as going to a restaurant and calling it a scam because you were unhappy with the meal that you ate. I have a feeling that most of the people who post on these boards about being scammer are also the kind of people who go around writing bad Yelp reviews all day. It must be in their blood or something.
    Last edited by BigBoJackson on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    no live campaign yet, im gearing up for a big 2018