THE BASICS OF CROWD PR
  • picklerick
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by picklerick » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 am

A 50k fundraise is not a big campaign. I watch out for the public relations agencies, and especially Crowd PR (http://www.crowd.pr). They are running marketing into the gound, a program of promotion does not include PR, much the less Crowd PR for any matter. Just say no to Crowd PR.

Anyways other than Crowd PR, I'm talking about the campaings that raise over a million. You never hear from them on here and it is just like I said, this is a place for beginners and a place to learn. Also cause for concern here: has-anyone-hired-crowd-pr-t11437.html

drudge wrote:There was just a post on here from a big campaign. I think you are only seeing the fraud watch section about what marketing companies to avoid. Here are a few other sections of the kickstarter forum that are filled with great information

General Chat + Introduce Yourself
    general-chat-introduce-yourself-f7.html

Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)
    kickstarter-and-crowdfunding-questions-only-strict-f4.html

Kickstarter Tips and Advice
    kickstarter-tips-and-advice-f14.html

Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)
    share-your-kickstarter-story-updates-campaign-stats-marketing-strategies-used-f26.html

Our website here if a fine resource for information on marketing, PR, media, and kickstarter community marketing. Use it well, as it contains years and years of wisdom that has been passed down to all of us here.
    Last edited by picklerick on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm pickle riiiick. Now on kickstarter: http://kck.st/2AzRAFM
  • eazrael
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Scammed by Crowd PR Ninja aka Crowdfunding PR Ninjas

by eazrael » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:56 am

I am not sure if these companies are scams, but I can say, these companies are spammers. I am receiving spam mails from backerninja.com to the address I registered at kickstarter.com a years ago. Either these spammers obtained the address from one of the projects I backed or from kickstarter itself, maybe from the Kickstarter hack in 2014. I changed my address at kickstarter after receiving the first spam mails, But i cannot block the old address as their are still projects open from that time.

So. Let's have a look at backerninja.com. It's owned by

Code: Select all

Registrant Name: ******** ********
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: plot 6 sr no 879
    Registrant City: nasik
    Registrant State/Province: Maharashtra
    Registrant Postal Code: 422008
    Registrant Country: IN
    Registrant Phone: +**.**********
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: ********@*****.***
    Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry

and points to IP 158.69.192.110

Backerssninja.com points to 77.104.162.225, but the Whois is the same:

Registrant Name: ******** ********
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: plot 6 sr no 879
    Registrant City: nasik
    Registrant State/Province: Maharashtra
    Registrant Postal Code: 422008
    Registrant Country: IN

Let us move on to crowdfundingninjas.com. They have a different whois, but the same server: 77.104.162.225

Registrant Name: Registration Private
    Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Registrant Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
    Registrant City: Scottsdale
    Registrant State/Province: Arizona
    Registrant Postal Code: 85260
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: CROWDFUNDINGNINJAS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

There's also ninjacrowdfunding.com (54.84.104.245), unfortunately I see no direct connection to the rest:

Registry Registrant ID: 
    Registrant Name: WHOIS AGENT
    Registrant Organization: WHOIS PRIVACY PROTECTION SERVICE, INC.
    Registrant Street: PO BOX 639
    Registrant Street: C/O NINJACROWDFUNDING.COM
    Registrant City: KIRKLAND
    Registrant State/Province: WA
    Registrant Postal Code: 98083
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.4252740657
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.4259744730
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: QLJDYGDKCG@WHOISPRIVACYPROTECT.COM
    Registry Admin ID:

Maybe another reader can prove the relationship of the last company to the other three.

Just a warning. Be careful, even a trustworthy company may unknowingly have partners who spam. I'll report spam to the hosting companies and to kickstarter by forwarding the mail to abuse@kickstarter.com and by clicking report for violating community rules on the project page. I'll contact the project owner. If i do not get an any response in a reasonable time you will get a nice comment on your projects page.

Some time ago spam by "promoters" was only an Indiegogo issue, but since kickstarter also integrated a referal system for metering the success of (spam) campaigns it also became a problem with Kickstarter.
    Fidibu
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: THE BASICS OF CROWD PR

by Fidibu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:38 am

Hello everybody, I just came across the forum. I would like to call for help for advertising my project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/166599538/the-big-idea-with-the-little-stick from below. Apparently Ryan does not seem so reputable west. Does anyone have experience with the providers and whether they work seriously? Anyway, it sounds good what they offer. Or can someone call me a serious offer?
    By the way, I wrote to Ryan West that I would like to pay 1% of the funding target for his support, but after a successful campaign, he has not commented on it yet. That would be fair - right?
    thank you for your help

socialmedia-promotion.com
    ninjacrowdfunding.com
    marketingqueencfq.com
    Fidibu
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Fidibu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:27 pm

trent.palo.smith wrote:I think that if an agency claims to provide guaranteed media placement in top-tier media outlets or any kind of media outlet for that matter, you can best believe that it is a scam. Crowdfunding creators need to get some common sense. If you sent your money to someone who made guarantees and you got ripped off, please stop posting on this forum like a crybaby. You should have known better than to do that. It's a shame that I need to post this, but the most Kickstarter creators just plain lack common sense I suppose.

Crowdfunding placement is what drives sales. Everyone wants to focus on media planning, but content marketing is king. When you are recruiting, be sure to acquire top talent. The value of public relations lies in the coverage. Press coverage is not easy to obtain from press outreach. Your outreach must be strong and placid in order to results to be obtained. We swear by this.

How do I recognize a top talent?
  • ScottRM82
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ScottRM82 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:52 am

Crowdfunding Ninja, Monster Social Marketing, Elite Social Promotions, and more....are all managed by Ryan West (his real name is Ryan Neral)

These are all 100% SCAM! I'm not going to bother explaining how they scammed us because it's not worth the time. JUST DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES!! It is all bullshit!

Someone posted a bunch of his information at this link.

post44793.html?hilit=crowdfunding%20ninja#p44793