TabletHookz - looking back
Dear TabletHookz Believers….
Well we didn’t make it first time around and we’ve been trying to figure out why and what we can do to make another launch a success – hopefully with your help again please
Here’s some of the observations and we welcome your thoughts on these and indeed any others you may have.
1. The published times to the rewards was too long – we ended our campaign 6th December 2016 and we said we would have the rewards out in April 2017. We think we can do it in 2-3 months now.
2. Did we lose people at the postage hurdle, prepared to pledge £10/€12/$13 and then resent having to pay £3/€4/$5 for shipping and they stopped, should we have one price that covers worldwide shipping so there is no postage to add or would we lose backers who see an initial pledge for example of £13/€16/ $18 and no postage added ?
3. Did we try at the wrong time of year – November/December -with hindsight - isn’t historically a good time to launch a campaign. Black Friday, Thanks Giving and Christmas around the corner etc all apparently have a negative bearing.
4. Would March be a good time for us to re-launch with the expectation of having those TabletHookz out to people for the family summer vacation travels.Historically March is a good month for Kicskarter.
5. Our Target was too high, we aimed too high, we based our prices on lots of backers at cheaper prices, we didn’t get lots of backers so we failed to get early momentum, which is critical for corwdfunding.
6. We’ve managed to secure some funding from elsewhere so the new amount we’ll be asking for is less – we also will not budget in a fancy printed box for the product but a cheaper recyclable one – but don’t worry it will still come with a microfiber carry pouch (a bit bigger we have decided).
7. We didn’t have a website before, we will by the time we go live so keep an eye on http://www.tablethookz.com
as we develop it
8. As much as we liked out initial video was it too long to keep potential backers engaged – we’ve got two versions now – the short and the long both available to see here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=U ... c9Km8-oCxw
9. I didn’t feature in either video – do I need to sit in-front of the camera and talk about the product and show you who I am to instil trust ? – maybe I will put some face time in to the beginning of the video, still not 100% sure about this - is it the product or the team behind it people want to see - or both?
10. Did we have too many rewards – time to strip it down to just 5 simple rewards we think
11. Was there too much content on our page, do we need to trim it down and make it more slick
12. We now have reviews out there already by bloggers and gadget and travel sites so they can feature in our launch from day one with links to what they had to say.
13. On another note we’ve now had our patent granted and it was published today and our European Trademark has been accepted & registered and our international designs have been accepted in numerous more countries.
So, as you can see we’ve been busy trying to assess why it didn’t work and indeed if we think a re-launch will. If you have any ideas, you’d be willing to share or even disagree with any of the above please do get in touch. We want this to happen and to weigh everything in our favour.