Boxxers Sunflower Seeds Update- DON'T STOP BELIEVING!
  • sportnchance
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Boxxers Sunflower Seeds Update- DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

by sportnchance » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Boxxers Sunflower Seeds launched nine days ago, and we stand at six backers (four family members and two who found us on Kickstarter). We are at $1,515 in pledges, about 2% of our $85,000 goal. Painfully familiar. We are on Kickstarter because we see it as the door to a new world for creative, inventive, souls with the drive and passion to pursue big ideas; a world different than the one where calling someone a dreamer is to say "you need to work- get a job." When one of our sons first told us about Kickstarter, our hearts were touched by the idea that there was a movement like this where people saw one another's dreams and said, "I can help you with that." It was so uplifting to think that young thinkers, creators, doers; and their
    creations wouldn't die on the vine just because they didn't have the money to make them reality. I suppose I couldn't help hoping that somehow this new world of benefactors might let one in from the old school, and allow me a shot at my big idea, an end to all these years of trying to do what I never had the money to do. Some of you may identify with a guy whose mind never rests - always working on some original idea, and never giving up. For dreamers of my generation, friends and family never understand why we have to be this way. They are the first to discourage, and the last to support. Here's to the new world - and hope that I can get a glimpse. Don Clark Plainview, Texas 61, and still WON'T STOP BELIEVING.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/59 ... in-the-box
    Last edited by sportnchance on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Boxxers Sunflower Seeds Update- DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:04 am

Hi, I remember writing about this before when you had it in draft format.

I don't think you implement many/any of the changes I suggested, plus you're only shipping to the US which hampers the number of backers you get.

I really wanted you to focus on the core product. Don't focus on the club card/roster until you're established. Just focus on : Pay X Tier, get X number of boxes of seeds.

Then focus on the quality of the seeds, the special qualities of the box and go on from there.

Who did you market this too? Which big sites did you contact?

Stadiums, sports teams and big venues would love this sort of thing - so why not brand the boxes with their team's colours or have a special design?

Probably also market the health (weight loss?) benefits of eating seeds too...

I think everyone here on this forum supports you, but if you're going to do it - it's best you promote yourself to the max.
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • sportnchance
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sportnchance » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:30 am

I always appreciate your input, and I have btw heeded your advice. I totally revamped my rewards. The card is a token.
    The only reward we are giving is Boxxers SFS in varying quantities according to backer pledges. The cost of shipping out of US is prohibitive. The rest of the campaign is exclusively about the innovative packaging and the quality of the product. These changes were all good, and all were made after contemplation of your opinions. Sports venues, etc. - glad to see that you recognize some of the limitless possibilities for marketing Boxxers SFS. Thanks for sharing your expertise. Don
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:00 am

Hi Don,

Thanks - I did see some of the changes. I think when I'm looking at the tiers, the first thing I see is the membership card stuff and not the boxes of seeds. It's too wordy, I'd want to be "in and out", buy my boxes and if I get a membership card in the post, that's great, it's an added bonus.

I know why you want members and get people involved in recognising you as a brand, but I think that comes later...just establish yourself, the great design of the boxes and quality of the seeds.

The angle I'd approach it is that it's healthy. Give some stats etc., and what makes yours so special. If you have any reports or article mentions about your seeds or the health benefits, put that on the page too - let them guess.

What I see is a ton of links to other places, but not to you. It sort of shows "look at what they've done wrong" but the focus should be on what you're doing right.

I wish I could of got onboard with this campaign and marketed it for you. The graphics are what attracted me but also the potential of who you could be targeting (stadiums/bulk orders) is great. Hope it picks up.
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • sportnchance
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sportnchance » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:09 am

Thanks. those links are media stories about the mess sunflower seeds make in the stands, and how venues have had to ban SFS. That is a big factor for selling the box with a receptacle for shells. I wish I could have afforded your help. I have spent a ton of time on the graphics- nice that they worked for you. We just have to get the money to get into production and to establish some trade history with our packaging.
  • cancelbox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cancelbox » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:59 am

I like your spirit, never give up and never stop believing! All the best for your project!
  • sportnchance
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sportnchance » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Thank you for that! Best words of encouragement in the past ten days, maybe last ten years - except for my wife, of course.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman