First Time Here - Just launched my campaign - theOUTlet
  • theOUTlet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

First Time Here - Just launched my campaign - theOUTlet

by theOUTlet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Hello All,

This is my first time on the forum. I was sent here by another site suggesting that it was a good place to share my campaign news and meet like minded people. My campaign page is here: http://bit.ly/theOUTlet. Using a bit.ly link so that things are traceable and I'm liking that little trick!

Would love to hear people's feedback about my project. Also interested in hearing how other people's campaigns have gone. All tips and tricks are welcome!!

Regards,
    Eric

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: First Time Here - Just launched my campaign - theOUTlet

by hyperstarter » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 am

Hi, Excellent project, I think you should share the full url as the bit.ly link didn't work for me:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/er ... nav_search

This is a really well thought out page, you've illustrated it with imagery and made the text easy to read.

Onto the parts I'd improve. The "who is talking about theOutlet" could be improved. The graphics look too sloppy and not put together well. I'd make them B&W and tidy them up.

I'd also include more information about yourself and your background. Have you guys worked on similar projects before. Won any awards?

Another thing that sticks in my mind is that this is just for the US market. Where's the support for Asia, UK and Europe? This is probably the biggest thing that stands out and seriously limits the number of backers you have. Even if you don't support these outlets now, you might in the future...so now's a good time to find out who would be interested.

If you need my help, let me know as we've already been in contact :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • crosspromoteco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by crosspromoteco » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Looks great!
  • theOUTlet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by theOUTlet » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:54 pm

hyperstarter wrote:Hi, Excellent project, I think you should share the full url as the bit.ly link didn't work for me:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/er ... nav_search

This is a really well thought out page, you've illustrated it with imagery and made the text easy to read.

Onto the parts I'd improve. The "who is talking about theOutlet" could be improved. The graphics look too sloppy and not put together well. I'd make them B&W and tidy them up.

I'd also include more information about yourself and your background. Have you guys worked on similar projects before. Won any awards?

Another thing that sticks in my mind is that this is just for the US market. Where's the support for Asia, UK and Europe? This is probably the biggest thing that stands out and seriously limits the number of backers you have. Even if you don't support these outlets now, you might in the future...so now's a good time to find out who would be interested.

If you need my help, let me know as we've already been in contact :)

Hello Hyperstarter,
    Thank you for the detailed response! We'll take your feedback into consideration (especially the quick issue about the bit.ly link. Not sure why that didn't work for you as it does for me...

Regarding the comments about other countries, we're covering the U.S. and Canada with the campaign, not just the U.S. When you say it would be a good idea to find out who's interested, what do you mean? Getting people to back the project from other countries when we don't have a product that would be supported in those countries feels odd... How would that work?

Regards,
    Eric
  • armageddon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by armageddon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:55 pm

Cool Product. I guess you aren't selling into overseas, since they use a different outlet and would require a different product. Though I think it will be successful if you do
    justalead
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by justalead » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 am

Great campaign! Hope you reach your goal. It may just need more marketing and promotion. Our team has helped many campaigns if you are looking for marketing assistance. Good luck!
    Digital marketing & crowdfunding agency ~ http://justalead.com
    Amplex Corporation
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Amplex Corporation » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Hello,

I think you've presented a solid campaign and a great product. The video was well done, though it plays the "has this ever happened to you?" tone a little strong. But that's a minor issue - it's miles above many of the videos we see!

What was the thinking behind limiting the Contractor and Distributor tiers? Also I see those two tiers are the same unit cost, was that also intentional? I would have expected an additional discount for ordering 50 units at a time.

The only other suggestion I have would have been to do away with the "super early bird" tiers, and simply have one Early Bird, and then the standard pledges based on quantity.

All in all it seems like a great campaign! Good luck to you!
    Complete storage, distribution and order fulfillment solutions brought to you by Amplex Corporation

1100 Fountain Parkway
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    214.672.0741 / 800.889.8871
    pointofsale@amplex.com
  • theOUTlet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by theOUTlet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello Amlex Corporation,
    Thank you for the feedback! The thought on the distributor pricing is that we're going to list the companies that back a distributor pack on our webpage and keep them featured at the top even after our campaign ends and we pick up full time distribution. They're reserving their spot at the top of our distributor advertising by getting in early. Your point on the Super Early Bird is definitely taken. We did a lot of research on products in our industry on Kickstarter and felt that this was the optimal solution vs. some of the other methods (just Early Bird, BOGO, etc...). Again thank you for the inupt!
    Amplex Corporation
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Amplex Corporation » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks for clarifying, I'm with you now.

In that case, my only additional suggestion would be to try to quantify that value in some way that would translate to the backer. For example, if you were able to relate how much exposure or views your webpage gets that would help to create perceived value for that tier.

-Curtiss
    Complete storage, distribution and order fulfillment solutions brought to you by Amplex Corporation

1100 Fountain Parkway
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    214.672.0741 / 800.889.8871
    pointofsale@amplex.com
  • theOUTlet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by theOUTlet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Great feedback Curtiss, we'll take a look at our site stats and see when/where that makes sense. Thanks again for the input!

Regards,
    Eric