What would you like to learn from people who have launched Kickstarter campaigns?
  • capitalist
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What would you like to learn from people who have launched Kickstarter campaigns?

by capitalist » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 am

Hello Everyone!

A few months ago I launched a blog with interviews from business founders. They have a very similar format to the posts from the "share your Kickstarter story" thread and many of the founders I've interviewed have launched Kickstarter campaigns. My goal is to help inspire other entrepreneurs and the main focus of the interviews is business, marketing and personal advice.

I have a template of questions that I ask these founders to fill out and was hoping for some feedback about the types of questions you all might like to see answered.

The feedback so far has been to focus more on marketing but I'd really be curious to know what else people might like to know. Are there any other areas where Kickstarter founders struggle?

Here's the interview template below. The - questions are sub questions to inspire the main questions.

Intro
    Who are you and what business did you start?
    Tell us about the process of creating your product.

Marketing Strategy
    Walk us through your pre-launch marketing...
    - When did you launch?
    - Did you build your own website?
    - Did you do any marketing prior to launching your campaign?
    - List building? Growing social media? Posting on Reddit/ forums?
    - Did you share the campaign with friends and family?
    - What else did you do to prepare for launch?

Did you do any advertising for your Kickstarter?
    - Did you do any paid advertising for your campaign?
    - Did you hire an agency or did you do it yourself?
    - Did you have multiple ads? Can you share your best ad?
    - What ad platform was the best?
    - Did you run into any problems advertising?
    - Did you take advantage of any free advertising?
    - Were you featured in any publications or blogs? Were they free or paid?
    - What’s the most effective way of acquiring customers?
    - Social media, Adwords, other ad networks?
    - What else has worked well for you?

Final Thoughts
    Do you have any advice for other entrepreneurs about Kickstarter?
    How are things today and what are your plans for the future?
    Where can we learn more about your business?

This wraps up the interview questions. Eager to hear people's thoughts about how to make this more complete.

Anyways, we've had a few really good interviews so far and some more are in the pipeline!

If anybody who has run Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaigns wants to participate, I'd love to share your story! If you are currently running a campaign and want to share we can do that too! We've had a few founders share their interview towards the end of their campaign and they've gotten good engagement. You can email me a kyle@capitalist.io

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward to chatting further!

• danmssosker05
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What would you like to learn from people who have launched Kickstarter campaigns?

by danmssosker05 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Intercontinental Communications Company was established and founded in June of 1989 by Hooman Mobasser. For the next 15 years, ICC became one of the top 10 companies in the country owning and operating Public Payphones.Eventually, with the advent of the emerging wireless industry, Hooman moved his expertise to the Wireless, and Telecom industries for the next 17 years, and still continuing and learning about this evolving community.
  • MArcus_dom
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What would you like to learn from people who have launched Kickstarter campaigns?

by MArcus_dom » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Wow. So good questions. And we can find the answers from many famous people, not only Kick Starter producers.
    And, I wish everyone on this forum to achieve their goals.
    Did you do any paid advertising for your campaign? This is a good question, especially followed with the question on free marketing^))
    __________________________________________----
    Best regards,
    Veronika (https://ru.weblium.com/)
  • CynthiaLLara
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CynthiaLLara » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:29 pm

Good morning Guys, Thank you so much for sharing this information. If you need the same kind of info about graphic designs check this website masterbundles. This website will share with you the useful information and designs that will be helpful for you.