How do you sent a press release to blogs and web sites
  • RepairX
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How do you sent a press release to blogs and web sites

by RepairX » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:20 am

I currently have a kickstarter campaign and cannot get enough backers to pledge. I have a unique magnetic repair guide called "Repair X" that shows a technician how to disable a game system, computer, or smartphone or tablet. Many have said that is "smokes" every other repair guide on the market and many are begging to buy it now. But I am struggling to get my campaign recognition. I have followed over 2000 repair stores and repair schools on twitter, instagram and post images of my product daily using hashtags relevant to this industry. I get many likes on my posts daily and many followers daily. But this has not affected my campaign at all. I know internet marketing is a little unique for crowdfunding sites so I need help with the following:

-I have a press release written but I have no clue how to send it to web sites or blogs to get it featured
    -I do twitter and instagram and get followers daily (I currently have over 100 followers on each) but how do I best use these sites for promotion?
    -How do I even us Facebook if most (if not all) groups consider posting any kickstarter campaign in a group is spam? How do I even use Facebook beyond making a business page (that no one looks at)?
    -I have exhausted all my funds so I cannot afford a PR firm or social media ads anymore (Ive tried them and they brought 100's of NON-targeted likes, which is useless). So what other "free" options are out there?
    -How do other stupid kickstarter campaigns get double or triple their funding goal, while I have been contacted by the CEO of a chain of repair related companies wants my product in bulk for distribution, but I can't seem to find a strong following beyond the handful of supporters I have? (I need more than just 20 serious people to get funding)

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How do you sent a press release to blogs and web sites

by hyperstarter » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:31 am

Hi, there's not many "free options" out there. The thing is no one is going to invest their time for free, there's no benefit to them.

That's said, let me breakdown your points briefly:
    - Followed 2k stores.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't mean anything. Are you RT'ing them, connecting and interacting with them?

-I have a press release written but I have no clue how to send it to web sites or blogs to get it featured
    Attach it to an email.

-I do twitter and instagram and get followers daily (I currently have over 100 followers on each) but how do I best use these sites for promotion?
    You interact with your followers, ask their opinion - don't go for the hard sell.

-How do I even us Facebook if most (if not all) groups consider posting any kickstarter campaign in a group is spam?
    I'd say max. once a day post your project on FB

-How do other stupid kickstarter campaigns get double or triple their funding goal, while I have been contacted by the CEO of a chain of repair related companies wants my product in bulk for distribution, but I can't seem to find a strong following beyond the handful of supporters I have? (I need more than just 20 serious people to get funding)
    They probably connected with people in advance. It could also be which writers they wrote to, their campaign page, their video etc.,...

Best of luck.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Prew
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How do you sent a press release to blogs and web sites

by Prew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:29 pm

At first, create a base of convenient resources that have ever published posts about your product category incuding Kickstarter campaigns. Create a SHORT email where you should explain why your campaing is great and why your product is cool. Let a journo know why he/she must be interested in this material. Do not send the whole press release in email body. However you may attach your PR. Take into account that a blogger or a journalist can get interested in your product/campaign only if first email lines wii catch his/her attention. Hope this helps. Don't worry if a conversion rate is not 100% for their replies. Just remember that they receive hundreds or even thousands of emails every day. Be brief and be specific. Don't blah-blah-blah.