Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compiled.
  • thebestscooterever
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compil

by thebestscooterever » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:09 am

This is such a shame. I am working on a campaign, and the reason I created this account was to directly contact lowkey till I found out he disappeared from the forum. Can anyone explain what really happened? I think he did a good job with the explanation and everything seems to come out of a brilliant mind...

• Lesielle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Lesielle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 am

@thebestscooterever he scammed me 1000$
    The World's First Adaptive Skin care. The revolution of custom skin care https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ru ... -skin-care
  • thebestscooterever
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thebestscooterever » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:35 am

Lesielle wrote:@thebestscooterever he scammed me 1000$

What happened exactly? How did he scammed you?
  • thebestscooterever
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thebestscooterever » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:54 am

Already in touch with him. Will update here soon
  • Lesielle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Lesielle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:59 pm

thebestscooterever wrote:
    Lesielle wrote:@thebestscooterever he scammed me 1000$

What happened exactly? How did he scammed you?

Quick version. He disappeared after a few days of work.
    i-got-scammed-by-lowkey-t11388.html?hilit=lowkey%20scammed

He did not answer here, mail or skype anymore. Only a few months later he told me: I will explain soon. Never heard from him again.
    The World's First Adaptive Skin care. The revolution of custom skin care https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ru ... -skin-care
  • Caliburnus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Caliburnus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:27 pm

This is sad. I am one of those who were called to reach out to lowkey after I went through a couple of his posts. Although he introduced himself as Jan on the forum, I know him by different name : Juzo. Me and my partner did a campaign before on indiegogo to a fair success and when we decided to go with Kickstarter, we were very very confident with what we have to offer.

During this period, LIV Watches were on the peak, and we decided to reach Funded Today to help us with marketing. It was full of crap. We negotiated the upfront down to $3000 for basically 200 traffic to our campaign. Utterly useless if you ask me. Funded Today claim that they wont make any good ROI from our campaign thus decided that we do not "pass" the test period (Basically in a few days, they will run some ads for us to see if we fit their requirement and if we pass, we will see a good conversion from the traffic sent by them)... The problem is how do you measure a campaign success by only 200 traffic? for $3000 no less. Does every single one of them worth $15?

So we decided to do more research into it..and thats when we discovered Lowkey. He introduced himself as Juzo, asked us to send more details about our campaign. Its like he wanted to understand our product. The experience were totally different from what we had with Funded Today who keep pushing for payments and very secretive with what they do with our hard earned money. Lowkey provide a better insight on how ads and marketing works. We learned more than we expect. Not long after, on February 2017, we take the risk to use his marketing service after being convinced with his reputation on the forum, experience, and very convincing information from time to time. We manage to get 281 backers totaling up to €108,429... It was overwhelming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gr ... omatic-wat?

This year again, we once again reached out to Juzo (his real name)... at first, we waited for a couple of days before receiving any replies. This time, we choose to promote a different brand since our last issue with the Griffin Emblem team members. We read about the issue here on KSforum.. but knowing Juzo and his past record, we decided to take the leap and risk it since we either dont get funded since its a new brand, or lose $2,500 to Juzo if he scammed us. He already helped us with our previous campaign before, and we made good profit out of it too. The risk seems to be worth taken rather than not getting funded at all. The result :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... -by-valimo?

And then, after a few jokes he disappeared again. I thought he stopped with the marketing work due to the absence on the forum. Not until I found out he worked with a more recent campaign through his KS profile as collaborators to Awake Watches :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... -ever-made

So I began to wonder, what seems to be the problem? Lesielle, if you may please email me personally to raymondcaliburnus (at) gmail (dot) com... I dont know how you end up getting scammed by him, but I've worked with him for 2 projects, one last year and one more just ended last month. I can help to reach out to him again. I am sorry because the story is one sided from my opinion.. How did you lose $1000 when I obviously paid $2500 both times? And how did he scammed you while he did my campaign brilliantly. If your allegations are true, I think I can help you to reach him because he is like a brother to me. We joke a lot and the joy of getting funded, he just know how to spice things up. Lets see if we can bring Juzo back here!!
    Attachments
    Dashboard Screenshots
    Dashboard Screenshots
    Caliburnus.png (65.13 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
  • Lesielle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Lesielle » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:37 am

Hi @caliburnus,

Your post is quite complete and seems to defend quite intensely to lowkey. In addition to being your first post... Well, I will suppose you are not him and your post is really honest. I will answer most of your points/questions:

- Yes, you only have my side of the history because he disappeared from the forum.

- I got scammed 1000$ because that was the money he "needed" to start optimizing my campaign. After a few days, results did not arrive (no a single pledge from his side), I asked him about his job (how much he spent in ads, some data...) and he replied me that he only spent 150$. I replied that maybe he could spend more money because we were running out of time (we were in the last week in that moment). I also told him that if he needed more money after expending the 1000$ I could give him more if he could show me results.....I did not receive more answers from him. That is the short story.

- Yes his "real" name is Juzo. I say his "real name" because his PayPal name is "Muhammad Adri Abdul rauf" (Juzo is only the name he uses to talk out of the forum)

- I have much more proofs (payment, emails, skype conversations) to show, but if he doesn't show up here, I will not spend the time to create a 1000words post. He doesn't answer here. That is the best proof of his scam.

I will write you to your email, If you can solve something I will post it here.
  • Caliburnus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Caliburnus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Lesielle wrote:Hi @caliburnus,

Your post is quite complete and seems to defend quite intensely to lowkey. In addition to being your first post... Well, I will suppose you are not him and your post is really honest. I will answer most of your points/questions:

- Yes, you only have my side of the history because he disappeared from the forum.

- I got scammed 1000$ because that was the money he "needed" to start optimizing my campaign. After a few days, results did not arrive (no a single pledge from his side), I asked him about his job (how much he spent in ads, some data...) and he replied me that he only spent 150$. I replied that maybe he could spend more money because we were running out of time (we were in the last week in that moment). I also told him that if he needed more money after expending the 1000$ I could give him more if he could show me results.....I did not receive more answers from him. That is the short story.

- Yes his "real" name is Juzo. I say his "real name" because his PayPal name is "Muhammad Adri Abdul rauf" (Juzo is only the name he uses to talk out of the forum)

- I have much more proofs (payment, emails, skype conversations) to show, but if he doesn't show up here, I will not spend the time to create a 1000words post. He doesn't answer here. That is the best proof of his scam.

I will write you to your email, If you can solve something I will post it here.

Are you accusing me as Juzo? Any of you are free to contact me through our website www.valimor.com and I'll respond to your message. I dont appreciate the way you are being a bit sarcastic with your passage intro.

- I already reached out to him and see if he replies me.

- you did offer him more, yet he only scammed you $1000?

- I understand this part of the story. Somehow he have access to multiple paypal accounts. I made payment two times to two different account for both times we hired him. We dont get it ourselves.

- I dont know about that. He is doing this as a side job, as far as I know this is not what he do for a living, There is a chance that this might be a fluke, and he just dont bother explaining himself. As I said before, I wonder why hes not that active anymore yet he still do some projects time to time. Whats the point? Or is this not the only forum hes active in? Did the other people found out about him from other posts he made on other website.

You can write me a more extensive email with details so I dont have to come here back and forth to reply Juzo once he replied me. I am going to be just and fair because I understand the pain of loosing money too.
  • Lesielle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Lesielle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:09 am

He "only" scammed me 1000$ because I did not give him more. I ask him for results before giving him more resources, I just let him know that resources could be bigger so he did not have to spend sooooo slow as he told me he was doing.

A fluke of he doesn't explain himself??? I am accusing him of stealing me 1000$. He wrote in this forum very often. Since he scammed me, no 1 single message. If there would be an explanation you can be sure we would have explained himself months ago.

I appreciate your mediation, but I really do not have enough time to write a full report. There is a lot to write and I should review emails, dates, times, actions I took to try to recover my money, successive emails to try to have an answer from him, skype messages.... when the most expected it is that he just does not answer your request.

If you reach him and he gives you just a simple explanation that would be opposite to what I am saying here, I will take the time to write the complete post so you can have all the details and screenshots.
  • The UltiStrike
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The UltiStrike » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:22 am

Just done reading all your suggestions and updates. I already emailed you the information about my campaign, please kindly do your thing and let me know if there is anyway we can work together!