So this is the Mid- Campaign Slump?
  • Kreedos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: So this is the Mid- Campaign Slump?

by Kreedos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 pm

AkaNezumi wrote:
    Kreedos wrote:Love to see art projects get fully funded. Its inspiring for sure. Congrats and the artwork here looks great. I'll have to prepare for a slump.

I'm curious to know what kind of promo you did?

Thanks

I've been getting this question a lot. It's actually really simple. (but you can't expect to get much of a result through just one of these methods so you have to do EVERYTHING) I just paid for advertisement, used Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and DeviantArt. I also contacted website and got interviews and features. It was really important to push the project on as many people as possible- especially because my comic is very new. It's only been online for 4 months and my fanbase is only around 1,000. Then I had issues reaching my fanbase because I didn't have a actual website. Just a website I was hosted on... therefore I had no way to email those fans and let them know about the project...

I ... had to really do a lot of legwork. I also went to local comic book shops and passed out flyers.

Really, everything that you can think of, do it. If you have a art project/comic/anthing (and it looks great) you can get funded with little to NO fanbase. My project is proof of this. You just have to put the leg work in! After it's funded though, people are more likely to donate more and up their pledges.

I hope that helps!

This is tremendous, and invaluable feedback. I don't really have a website for my project either, although I did set up a WordPress static page. I really appreciate this feedback though.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to do a lot of footwork. Getting out and connecting with people, comic book shops and just people in general. Good to know payment for advertising is an option I hadn't really considered it too much.

https://twitter.com/CallCenterTV
    Follow and support me on Twitter
  • tengsupply
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by tengsupply » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:00 am

AkaNezumi congrats on getting funded!
  • AkaNezumi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AkaNezumi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:21 pm

tengsupply wrote:AkaNezumi congrats on getting funded!

Thank you!

I'm happy to see my comic made it (and soared through the first two stretch goals as well). Still, there is SO much more that I will do different on the next one. I can't stress enough how important it is that we all plan at least a year or MORE in advance before launching on of these things!

I also plan to stay as active as possible on these forums. I spent a lot of time here over the last few weeks.
    Comic Book Kickstarter about a little girl who wants to become the leader of a powerful gang! Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22 ... k-volume-1
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Shuzza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Great artwork - happy to see this! I am really glad to read this thread so I dont freak out when that happens - which it is sure to do. AND it is a bit terrifying to not have a huge fan base..... so glad to hear it worked out for you.
  • AkaNezumi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AkaNezumi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Shuzza wrote:Great artwork - happy to see this! I am really glad to read this thread so I dont freak out when that happens - which it is sure to do. AND it is a bit terrifying to not have a huge fan base..... so glad to hear it worked out for you.

Only one person from my 'fanbase' donating to the project... so... basically no fan support. lol

The kickstarter still made it and has gone over it's goal. Words can't express how happy I am.

And yes......

PREPARE FOR THE SLUMP. I knew it was coming but I STILL freaked out! Hence I posted this thread. Even though you will know it's going to be scary for sure. :shock:
    Comic Book Kickstarter about a little girl who wants to become the leader of a powerful gang! Check it out!

• Kreedos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Kreedos » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:49 pm

I saw one of your ads on Kicktraq this morning. Would you say you invested heavily in banner advertisements? Online vs Print? I am really excited for your project being that I am creating an art project as well, although two totally different scopes.
  • AkaNezumi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AkaNezumi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Kreedos wrote:I saw one of your ads on Kicktraq this morning. Would you say you invested heavily in banner advertisements? Online vs Print? I am really excited for your project being that I am creating an art project as well, although two totally different scopes.

140.00 on Kicktraq

This got me (as of now) 4 pledges that totaled to 90$. Unless it breaks even I do not recommend advertising there.

Reddit - 51$

No pledges through the ads however I did get around 3 people when I just posted on the manga board for... free. So I wouldn't buy a ad here on reddit but I would say to just post your project for free on a good subreddit that pertains to your craft.

TopWebComics... I spend 61$ on advertisement here and ended up getting 7 backers which total to 335$ <-- BEST. PLACE. TO. ADVERTISE!. I spend the least amount here and got a big return. If you have a webcomic give the owner of the site as much as your money as you can afford. They are also great people as well which is a plus!

Printed out 100 flyers and handed them out to comic book stores. The flyers only cost me 10.99. I ended up with 2 backers thanks to this which totaled to 135$. Clearly it was worth.

I did interviews and got features. These places brought in around 5-8 people.

I also used deviant art. This brought in quite a few people.

Honestly. I did everything I could. X_X I recommend you do the same. It will pay off. You just have to keep pushing and pushing. If you can get a bunch of backers in just one day you'll trend high on kickstarter which can give you enough momentum to keep going and going. This didn't happen to me until I hit my goal after that I noticed I was getting more and more backers from Kickstarter people, who just stumble upon my project.

(sorry for misspelled words x.x I'm in a rush lol)

• Kreedos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Kreedos » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Thank you so much for this information! People would pay for it and you taking time out to craft it is greatly appreciated. I wish you much success for your project and I'm going to kick it into overdrive for sure! Thank you again!
  • tengsupply
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by tengsupply » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks for posting your conversion on the ads
  • KodiBag
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KodiBag » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:52 am

Just read this thread for the first time because I am also just starting to feel the slump after an awesome start. So relieved and inspired that you have funded!! WAY TO GO!!!

2-in-1 Kodi bag for travel, work, & mom duty
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... s-into-one
    2-in-1 Kodi Bag Consolidate two bags into one. Great for Travel, Moms, and Work. Check it out!!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... s-into-one