Pre-launching Platforms
    Helpmeplz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Pre-launching Platforms

by Helpmeplz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:23 pm

This is for pre-launch/pre-release. It's designed to help get you hype and people to back your KickStart project the moment you go into funding. It's to help more.

Most project will find this doesn't help at all, but you never know.

Anything to help get your project in the hand of potential backers (non-spamming) is a good thing.

• wurfel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by wurfel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi Helpmeplz,
    Oh.. so a landing page ensures there's no spamming with one's actual Kickstarter page. What about a home page of a website, can that be a landing page ? I have one of those. So how do I use the landing page to gain potential backers ?
    http://kck.st/1lggHFy " When fashion meets personality, it brings innovative style." Arrow Project
    Helpmeplz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Helpmeplz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:23 am

No you'll get spam any way you try it. A landing page is only really useful when you do not have a kickstarter page yet.
  • Swoosh Lens Case
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Swoosh Lens Case » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:17 pm

We are in the middle of building an audience before our Kickstarter launch (hopefully in the next month or two) and we are using all three. Because this is my first crowdfunding project, I'm very new to these platforms. However, this is what I've experienced so far.

Prefundia - Easy to setup and use. Nice paid promo offers. They seem to have the largest network and do have the predictive analytics however, the spread is quite large. They do track your views and allow followers to sign up. Prefundia keeps postings up after they launch and has a separate section for launched projects making it easy to find you once launched.

Pitchfuse - Easy to setup and use. Allows users to tweet, facebook like, etc.. right from your posting, as well as, access to the posters twitter and facebook pages! They tweet your posting once activated! Very easy to navigate and is laid out well. Keeps postings up after they launch and has a separate section for launched projects making it easy to find you once launched. Still in beta but definitely worth using.

LaunchRock - Easy to setup and use. Landing page looks really nice once complete and is laid out beautifully! Lots of features and analytics. it's great that you actually get the sign-up email so you can directly communicate with them. I do wish they had a way of searching their Landing page database (maybe they do and I just haven't found it yet). For our project, this has offered us the most sign-ups.

We like and continue to use all 3! Obviously, Twitter and Facebook are also great tools to build an audience.

Links to my pages:

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/swoo ... eans/1407/

http://www.pitchfuse.com/project/swoosh ... cleans/342

http://swooshlenscase.launchrock.com/
    nixiart

by nixiart » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:34 am

This seems really great to have a prelaunch site. Who goes to it? People looking for new kickstarter ideas? I don't understand how traffic is generated. I hope that someone can help me understand this process a little better.
  • VenetianRazor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by VenetianRazor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:09 pm

This is great! Exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks guys!
  • VenetianRazor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by VenetianRazor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Are Prefundia's "power-up" worth it?
    nixiart

by nixiart » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Yes I really want to know if it's worth spending money on these power ups. Do people really go to the site is it really useful or is another way for people to make money/
  • VenetianRazor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by VenetianRazor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeah, nixiart, I'm wondering the same thing about traffic generation. I've made pre-funding sites but I feel like traffic generation is the same as it would be if I were just to promote my kickstarter preview page. Although, one good feature is that these track statistics which will probably influence the launch date.

Anyone have experience with effectively using these sites?

FYI, heres my Pitch Fuse pre-launch page if you guys want to get the ball rolling:
    http://pitchfuse.com/project/the-veneti ... ending/422
  • joehark
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by joehark » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 pm

it's been a few months since this thread has been extended. May I ask for an updated overview?