Just began my first project on Kickstarter!
  • TerraNatura
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Just began my first project on Kickstarter!

by TerraNatura » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:39 am

I have wanted to become a youtuber for a while now, but never seemed to have the extra funds, so I finally got up and tried Kickstarter, it has only been a day and someone has already backed it :D

I'm hoping to get more backers from here to help me out, as I don't actually need very much, just a decent amount to get started. Most of the rewards are thank you related stuff, but as the price gets higher, so does my potential embarrassment, you'll see what I mean if you look over the rewards xD

You can see exactly what I'm doing on the project by looking it over: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... a-youtuber

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Just began my first project on Kickstarter!

by Cristina » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:27 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:21 pm

I backed it. Your project page is severely lacking, but you have a basic objective that makes sense to me, and your funding goal is super low, by Kickstarter comparisons.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • TerraNatura
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TerraNatura » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Thank you very much :D
  • Kazim Khan
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Kazim Khan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 pm

i also placed my first project on kick starter and need backers, my project is to take high resolution photographs of endangered Buddhist Monuments.

Let us Document Ancient Buddhist Monuments of Gandharan Swat Valley Before they are Lost Forever

It was two years ago that I first visited Swat Valley in ancient Gandhara region, and I saw the destruction done by the religious fanatics there. Government neglect, and insensitivity of the locals was already slowly destroying these historical sites, but they became a special target for Taliban when they took over.

Swat is a beautiful place. Queen Elizabeth II called the valley of Swat in Northern Pakistan, "the Switzerland of the east." The beauty and the solitude of the valley is such that many soldiers of Alexander the Great settled here. This ancient valley of old Gandhara region was an important learning and spiritual center of the Buddhist monks.

The valley is filled with ancient monuments of Buddhist and Hindu Shahi period.

Around 2007, Taliban gained complete control of Swat Valley, and started destroying Buddhist monuments. Most important among the was Buddha of Jahanabad. It is the second biggest rock carved Buddha after the Buddhas of Bamian, which were destroyed by Afghan Talibans. Though the local Taliban in Swat tried to demolish the structure in 2007, they only managed disfigure the upper portion of Buddha’s face. Though they were repelled from the valley in 2009, but they are still present there in small pockets and conduct attacks.

Islamic fundamentalists are triying to destroy these monuments in their areas of control. Recently they also destroyed the irreplaceable monuments of Babylon and Ninevah in Iraq and Levant. They are doing the same in Gandhara region. Unlike Iraqi monuments, the Gandharan monuments of Swat are not that well documented.

An effort must be made to document that important treasure of history before it is lost forever.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... hist-monum
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 am

TerraNatura wrote:I'm hoping to get more backers from here to help me out, as I don't actually need very much, just a decent amount to get started.

Your project is now going backwards, it seems.

Your funding dilemma aside, your project page lists you as having a total of 16 shares on Facebook. How much effort are you putting into it?
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • kage
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kage » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:42 am

First time Kickstarter as well first thing i found out from these forums is i needed to get followers lol and i'm sort of the shy recluse type so yeah no followers but anyway my name is Chris V. Dass and I am a 24 year old struggling 2D/3D Animator. Struggling in the sense that it is so hard to get a job in this industry so I thought if you have a passion and love for this job and you are willing to work hard towards that goal then you will do anything in your power to achieve it. So one thing i'm good at is coming up with stories and so I thought why not start a Kickstarter and that way I can prove how hard i can work and create a beautiful piece of animation.

This Animated Short Film is Called "Kreak" the story is about a boy getting ready to go to sleep when during the night he hears scary noises which wakes him up and now he must discover the source of the noise which results in unfortunate consequences. I have already done the Character Concepts, Background and prop models and a storyboard Animatic which you can view at

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63 ... lled-kreak

If you have any pointers or suggestion on how i can improve the story or feel of the film then feel free to message me, and please spread the word about this project I'm not really good at i guess the right word would be 'Marketing' so I thought the best place would be at forums like these
    Niamitch
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Niamitch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Good luck!
  • kage
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kage » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Thanks started and Indiegogo campaign as well really liked the flexible pay option
  • RootisTabootus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by RootisTabootus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:30 am

Welcome!!
    I will check out your Kickstarter and Share it :) Good luck!