Is Film and Video the hardest type of Kickstarter to do?
  • kage
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Is Film and Video the hardest type of Kickstarter to do?

by kage » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:37 pm

I just recently started a kickstarter which is a short animated film and it's been 4 days now and i have only one backer, I went to check other projects in the Animation field and they are pretty much in the same boat as I am even going on to the Film and Video projects and they seem to be suffering the same fate.

So I was wondering to anyone that has done a successful or unsuccessful project in the film and video topic, how did you go about making it successful and if you guys could have a look over my kickstarter and help me discover what I am doing wrong I think it might be the rewards there is very little to be given when making a film apart from the film its self or your out of project stuff. also that and I HAVE NO FOLLOWERS TT_TT That might be the biggest problem I kind of stayed away from social media and now i'm suffering the consequences.

Anyway Thanks

Chris V. Dass

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Is Film and Video the hardest type of Kickstarter to do?

by sbriggman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Very good question. I've included a few relevant resources for others reading the thread:

http://www.crowdcrux.com/tips-for-crowd ... -or-movie/
    http://www.crowdcrux.com/places-to-prom ... m-project/

Have you done any promotion of the animation through youtube? Know some animation vids have gotten lots of views and individuals have gathered followings through youtube.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • kage
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kage » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 pm

Yeah posted my animation stuff on Youtube but I'm pretty new to Social Media so I think that is where I am struggling the most, but anyway thanks for the links i'll check them out now
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Also - you asked on another thread about Twitter. I think every social network is different. Some are better for certain projects than others (and products). However, I do think it's important to be on every one, even if it's just a minor presence.

I also will use social media like twitter combined with Buffer to gauge the phrasing of certain messages. So like maybe the message "Check out our X ___link___" gets less clicks than "We just introduced a new reward for our project, and it will make you giggle ___ link____" because people want to find out what the reward is.

All marketing is trial and error and tracking it with data if possible, so you can use twitter in the long run to gauge which messages your base or other people connect with.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.