Facebook Ads - Do they deliver?
  • Gracie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Facebook Ads - Do they deliver?

by Gracie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 am

After spending around $700 on FB ads I don't see any conversions so far. I am running video views and retarget with Carousel ads but hardly any click through. I am beginning to doubt whether it is worth the money spent. Will conversions pick up after an initial period? Any thoughts or tipps?

• Vanessa
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Facebook Ads - Do they deliver?

by Vanessa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Just do a search in the forum you'll find great advice about FB ads. In short, there are very effective but you have to have highly targeted custom and lookalike audience.
    #1 Crowdfunding Campaign Optimization, Crowd Building & Promotion App https://www.krowdster.co/
  • Samit_Patel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Samit_Patel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Facebook Ads can deliver well if they are done well.

You can find a lot of great information about how to implement Facebook ad campaigns, you can even find information about doing campaigns for crowdfunding specifically.
    RFIDsecur
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by RFIDsecur » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Sounds like either your Ad, targeting or the landing page is wrong.

Ad- is wrong because it hasn't pre filtered the user

Targeting- is wrong because you are getting clicks, but they could be low interest or accidental?

Landing page- because who ever clicks reaches the destination and it doesn't match their expectation, or there is confusion over the message or no clear call to action.

You could set up a bot and target FB ads to that but probably impractical if time is against you.

Stef686 might be able to offer you some practical advice post45079.html#p45079

FB is working for her!
  • Gracie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Gracie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks for all your replies.
    Ad and targeting is ok, however, my landing page is my Kickstarter page which doesn't seem to convert and needs improvement.

Main problem is that after analyzing my video demographics I find my most engaged audience (75% or more video views) are age 45+ or even 55+. I think that age group is not comfortable with or simply doesn't understand Kickstarter. I may rework my page to include sections such as "how to pledge" and "how does crowdfunding work" or something like that.
    RFIDsecur
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by RFIDsecur » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Yeah that isn’t going to work, never send traffic like that to your campaign directly, it won’t convert.
    You need a Landing page (LP) dedicated to your Ad to convert them, primarily to get their email then inform them about your campaign. Look at unbounce for LP’s that convert and use one of their templates.
    jenxi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jenxi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:21 am

RFIDsecur wrote:Yeah that isn’t going to work, never send traffic like that to your campaign directly, it won’t convert.
    You need a Landing page (LP) dedicated to your Ad to convert them, primarily to get their email then inform them about your campaign. Look at unbounce for LP’s that convert and use one of their templates.

How do we get them to convert from landing pages? Especially if the campaign is live and they would probably rather go check out the campaign instead of leaving an address?
    Dancebot, the world's first smart dancing robot speaker: http://kck.st/2BAcbzJ
    RFIDsecur
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by RFIDsecur » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:57 am

The landing page is designed to broaden the interest level generated by the lead, So it needs to be closely aligned to the ad message, which the campaign cannot be particularly if you have various messages that you are pushing out through adverts,
    Whether you use the LP to convert to email or a sale or to your campaign is up to you.

Thee is nothing wrong therefore with then directing them to your campaign from the LP.

So the LP’s role: is encouraging them on a path leading them down that path to your goal without losing them on any part of that journey.

First you reasure and give confidence that clicking your ad and coming to the LP was worth doing and in their interest.
    You continue to fuel their interest
    You persuade them that the next action is in their interest and prepare them for what’s coming and incentivise them
    You present your call to action

Not that you seem to need any advice, haveing been funded in 2 hours! Congratulations :D
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:44 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Just put out a video on how to create a FB ad and some general metrics you should be watching for.

See:

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.