Gadget flow - has anyone paid to get there product on here
  • Lorie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Gadget flow - has anyone paid to get there product on he

by Lorie » Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

I just made the worst experience with gadget flow. I generated more clicks myself than gadget flow and I didn't get any sales through Gadget Flow. Definitely would not recommend.

thegadgetflow
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by thegadgetflow » Thu May 23, 2019 3:34 am

Thanks for your feedback Lorie, I'm happy to help with this. Your campaign is currently running for about a week, therefore, it's too early to evaluate the results. I have noticed a few things on your campaign page that could definitely improve and help you increase your overall conversion rate, I'll have one of our team members reach out to you today with more information.

As far as sales I do see a couple of orders from our end but please keep in mind that if your campaign's conversion rate is low across your channels this will also affect our promotions as well.

Hope that helps.
    ---------------------------
    Submit Your Project - Get 10% OFF w/ Code: KSF10
    As Seen On: Entrepreneur, Forbes,
    We are listed on Kickstarter and Indiegogo as Experts!
  • Cromwell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Cromwell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:45 am

Anyone else tried them?
  • stemcell
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Gadget flow - has anyone paid to get there product on here

by stemcell » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm

I recently purchased the Pro GF plan and unfortunately it has been a disappointing experience. This post is not anti-gadget-flow, but I wanted to clear up some ambiguity surrounding GF features so others don't make the same foolish assumptions I did.

Full disclosure, I signed up for GF after my KS campaign was about a week in and almost successful already. I found out about GF when a rep emailed me to see if I wanted a boost. I did my research and liked what I read; plus I found a discount code (GIMME20 for 20% off if you decide to use them). My campaign was ultimately successful, so unfortunately, I think GF will add it to their stats showing my campaign became successful with their help, but in reality I've lost money using GF. Literally EVERY other promotional avenue produced more pledges than GF...a $100 FB ad, random mentions on reddit, etc.

My results have been abysmal. They advertise their average ROI is 3-15x and reach of 28M people/month. I spent $2000 and now at the end of my promotion period, GF has been responsible for $337 from 7 KS pledges—a loss of $1663, my ROI is 0.17x. Sure, this could be my fault for having a bad campaign...so let's look at the metrics to find out.

Unfortunately, GF metrics are nonexistent. I signed up in large part because of the glowing review on Hyperstarter. In this post, after testing the GF basic plan for a KS campaign, they ambiguously state their Gadget Flow Analytics include: page views, impressions, clicks, and ROI. I thought this meant Analytics [provided by] Gadget Flow. Be aware, the ONLY metric GF provides is clicks. I contacted support to find out where the impressions were to know what % of viewers were clicking to find out how effective my post was and they told me "there is no way to track ad impressions". On the contrary, I can't think of a single online ad I've ever bought that doesn't track impressions. The pro plan estimates 800K to 1.2M impressions. But without the data to back it up, plus their apparent inability to track impressions, those numbers could just be made up. My clicks after 2 weeks is at 3795, which after peaking on day 8 I'm now seeing about 15-30 clicks a day. In the meantime, I've almost doubled my campaign goal using other promotions.

Furthermore, the Revenue and Est. Revenue display N/A and/or Coming Soon. At first I foolishly took this as meaning "not enough data yet, but after a few days this data will populate". Nope. This means this feature is planned for the future and they've already reserved prime space in the dashboard. Revenue & Estimated Revenue is not a feature. Yes, you can find GF's pledges in your KS dashboard, they are combined with all other custom referral pledges. So if you're using multiple custom referrers, you have to sift through pages of referral sources to separate out GF pledges to calculate GF revenue. Tedious.

The only upside I can see is that they'll leave the post on their site and social media even after my promotion has ended. So maaaaaybe over a long enough time, and if I continue to sell my product after the KS, sales may trickle in and I may one day break even.

GF probably works great for many campaigns but this was my first-hand encounter. I'm not looking for an apology or anything, I just wish I knew then what I know now, and maybe my $1600 loss will benefit someone else.
    thegadgetflow
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by thegadgetflow » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:16 am

Thanks for sharing your experience, we'd be more than happy to help.

Kickstarter's tracking system is far from perfect as it attributes the majority of pledges to "Direct", especially pledges that come directly from social, browsers with ad-blockers, their official App, etc. That means that the majority of 3rd party promotions will show up there especially for Marketing Campaigns that focus on mobile users. We have been working on a solution for the past 6 months that utilizes GA and KS's API to resolve this issue for the entire industry not just our customers by focusing on attribution. We are about to release our beta in December 2019.

Regarding our impressions, they are pretty accurate and we run checks on a monthly basis using heatmaps across our apps and web platform as well as analyze metrics on our social profiles and newsletters to make sure that everything is up to date. We don't have the capacity yet to do that for every customer separately but we might add that as an option in the near future.

We'd be more than happy to review your case as well as share more analytics with you directly and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. We've left you a direct message here on KSForum in case you don't want to share your campaign URL.

We take feedback very seriously as our goal is to keep improving our product and services, and we've been doing so since 2012 by serving over 7,000 customers, from innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
    stemcell wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm I recently purchased the Pro GF plan and unfortunately it has been a disappointing experience. This post is not anti-gadget-flow, but I wanted to clear up some ambiguity surrounding GF features so others don't make the same foolish assumptions I did.

Full disclosure, I signed up for GF after my KS campaign was about a week in and almost successful already. I found out about GF when a rep emailed me to see if I wanted a boost. I did my research and liked what I read; plus I found a discount code (GIMME20 for 20% off if you decide to use them). My campaign was ultimately successful, so unfortunately, I think GF will add it to their stats showing my campaign became successful with their help, but in reality I've lost money using GF. Literally EVERY other promotional avenue produced more pledges than GF...a $100 FB ad, random mentions on reddit, etc.

My results have been abysmal. They advertise their average ROI is 3-15x and reach of 28M people/month. I spent $2000 and now at the end of my promotion period, GF has been responsible for $337 from 7 KS pledges—a loss of $1663, my ROI is 0.17x. Sure, this could be my fault for having a bad campaign...so let's look at the metrics to find out.

Unfortunately, GF metrics are nonexistent. I signed up in large part because of the glowing review on Hyperstarter. In this post, after testing the GF basic plan for a KS campaign, they ambiguously state their Gadget Flow Analytics include: page views, impressions, clicks, and ROI. I thought this meant Analytics [provided by] Gadget Flow. Be aware, the ONLY metric GF provides is clicks. I contacted support to find out where the impressions were to know what % of viewers were clicking to find out how effective my post was and they told me "there is no way to track ad impressions". On the contrary, I can't think of a single online ad I've ever bought that doesn't track impressions. The pro plan estimates 800K to 1.2M impressions. But without the data to back it up, plus their apparent inability to track impressions, those numbers could just be made up. My clicks after 2 weeks is at 3795, which after peaking on day 8 I'm now seeing about 15-30 clicks a day. In the meantime, I've almost doubled my campaign goal using other promotions.

Furthermore, the Revenue and Est. Revenue display N/A and/or Coming Soon. At first I foolishly took this as meaning "not enough data yet, but after a few days this data will populate". Nope. This means this feature is planned for the future and they've already reserved prime space in the dashboard. Revenue & Estimated Revenue is not a feature. Yes, you can find GF's pledges in your KS dashboard, they are combined with all other custom referral pledges. So if you're using multiple custom referrers, you have to sift through pages of referral sources to separate out GF pledges to calculate GF revenue. Tedious.

The only upside I can see is that they'll leave the post on their site and social media even after my promotion has ended. So maaaaaybe over a long enough time, and if I continue to sell my product after the KS, sales may trickle in and I may one day break even.

GF probably works great for many campaigns but this was my first-hand encounter. I'm not looking for an apology or anything, I just wish I knew then what I know now, and maybe my $1600 loss will benefit someone else.
  • patxi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by patxi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:17 am

Another bad experience here.
    I hired the standard plan, over $550 and got 800 clicks in over 3 weeks and no purchase, similar to about $30 on facebook ads.
    I don't recommend it to anyone.
    I am surprised that they continue after so many years, with such poor results.
    Of course, they sign you up for their newsletter list to increase the statistics of other payment projects.
  • josephm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by josephm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Long story short we have been very happy with results, service and feedback from Gadget flow.

There are many sharks in the market, we started with some agencies for fb ads and we asked about gadget flow, backerclub, backercity, backerkit as additional service, at that point we were at 70% funded. Of course the ad agency said it would be better to spend all the marketing bucks with them but we went on our own and used all of the above services, gadget flow outperformed the ad agency by 2x in a period of 20 days and backerclub generated a pretty ok roi, we broke even with backerkit and we are still running backercity.

Their support is the best we have encountered so far in the industry and we used the premium plan with 15 percent discount that we found on the web. we will be using gadget flow and backerclub for our next launch in February, this time way earlier.
    thegadgetflow
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by thegadgetflow » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Thank you for your feedback, we'd be more than happy to help.

I didn't see a link to your campaign so we can further investigate, please feel free to email us at support@thegadgetflow.com or direct message us through this forum so we can take a look at your campaign.

800 clicks at a CPC level of $0.68 is below the average CPC you'd get with Facebook Ads and that's within the average clicks we generate with the Standard plan that you've purchased.

We'd love to take another look at your campaign and help you get the most out of your plan.
    patxi wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:17 am I hired the standard plan, over $550 and got 800 clicks in over 3 weeks and
    Noram
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Noram » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:09 am

We are very pleased with the results and the conversion rate GadgetFlow generated for our V1 brain simulation campaign in December, we are also using them for our prelaunch of our V2 that we will launch in March/April, their support is fast and a pleasure to work with.
    Launching V2 of Brain Simulation device on Kickstarter Q2 2020
    https://brainsimuli2.io
  • tuftandpaw
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tuftandpaw » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:32 pm

We're running a new campaign with them on their standard product ($846) 250k-450k impressions. We launch on January 14th 2020 so I will let everyone know how it goes - I've read a lot of mixed reviews so I'm skeptical.