Opinions on social media?
  • keilecpod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Opinions on social media?

by keilecpod » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:02 am

It feels weird asking this on this question on this forum, but how do you feel about how popular watches are on social media sites such as instagram? Are you concerned any additional interest in vintage Chinese watches will increase prices and create scarcity? Would you welcome more interest in VCMs? Or do you feel as though this particular niche is just a little too obscure to ever become too popular?

I ask because both from what I've seen and what I've heard, this price of vintage Russian/Soviet watches has gone up significantly in recent years, and I think part of that is due to social media.

• keilecpod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Opinions on social media?

by keilecpod » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:46 am

Lol, dude, it's just unrealistic, I've been spinning in this niche for several years, and there will never be a deficiency, under such conditions, but as a theory it sounds interesting :))
  • DeirdreGlover
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DeirdreGlover » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:19 am

Absolutely everything is sold on Instagram, including watches, no matter that they are Chinese or of another production. On Instagram, I saw a lot of people's pages where they sold handmade watches, watches from China, Swiss watches and others. However, in order to sell something well on Instagram, you must have a lot of followers who will see your promotional offers and buy watches from you. It is very difficult to attract followers on Instagram, so you can try to attract the attention of followers by some other methods, or buy them on https://megafamous.com I have heard that many stores use this service to increase their sales. Good luck man.
    FederikFer
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FederikFer » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:51 pm

Social media makes brands more popular, thereby making them in demand, and expensive. I don't think that's what caused their price increases. I sometimes have such thoughts that some brands could wind up subscribers using the cheap smm panel. At first, when there is no particular popularity on Instagram, this would be a good solution in my opinion.
    Last edited by FederikFer on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • nonp2wtech
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by nonp2wtech » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Today, much to my regret, social networks are one of the most important pillars for a new business (and even more so if it is a new company)
    I'll tell you more, nowadays the marketing you do is more important than the product itself. It is unfortunate.