In the market for a good quality electric griddle!
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

In the market for a good quality electric griddle!

by teslastar » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:15 pm

In my early googling, a lot of results are either outdated by several years, or are pushing for cast iron griddles since most people have a stove already. While we do have a stove, it's an electric one with a glass top. My wife is afraid that a standard griddle would break the glass.

We don't need a griddle with a press, we just want a flat top griddle like the picture above. Any ideas on a good quality one?

• MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: In the market for a good quality electric griddle!

by MrOsborne » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:41 am

I have a couple of those electric griddles in my office which I occasionally use to cook for my team at work. The only reason why I have them is because they're broad cooking surfaces with a lot of surface area, and they're cheap and portable. I use them to cook a pancake and bacon breakfast for my guys when they're in crunch-mode. So I've tried this one https://lilgrill.com/best-lump-charcoal/.
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: In the market for a good quality electric griddle!

by serenity007 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:35 pm

I use mine so much that I bought one for my office kitchen. Only problem I've had is grease not draining properly into the drop bucket pooling in the corner. Love that little guy