Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?
  • ohbugi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negativ

by ohbugi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:07 am

We have not yet launched but the anxiety and unsureness i feel these days is exhausting. I do feel its been positive so far. We're launching a collection of seriously soft bath towels ethically-made in the Nile Delta. This is our website, check us out if you know...you're into showers and stuff

The world's SOFTEST bath towel. Luxurious, purposely-designed & odor-resistant. Ethically-made from the highest quality material! Now LIVE on Indiegogo.

https://igg.me/at/casamera
  • Zombiescape
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Zombiescape » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:17 am

The Good :
    Now please don’t get me wrong, I’m still a huge fan of Kickstarter. I think the main thing to takeaway is it’s a tool, not a magical source of funding.

The best thing about having the project is it gave me a hard deadline, and forced me to do stuff I’ve been meaning to do for a while.

So I created the project. Within an hour I got a $18 pledge from a stranger. Yay, hopeful start! I posted the link on all my social networks, and got a good response, mostly from people invovled in the documentary and friends. But then it stalled.

The Bad :
    My marketing campaign continued, and I feel like the awareness was great. A few weeks before the deadline I was the Kickstarter Project of the Day. The project was Zombiescape: Survival in a post zombie apocalypse

So while awareness was great, that still didn’t convert into donations.
  • CORD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CORD » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:59 pm

So far so good! Was very nervous to get started but Kickstarter really does a great job of guiding your through step by step. My campaign only just begun but already have some funding so I’m excited to say the least!
  • Guschtel&Lenz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Guschtel&Lenz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:13 am

Yes, Kickstarter is doing a good job. However, we made so many stupid mistakes in the beginning regardless :-D Most of the other campaigns are choosing a very low funding target so that they get funded within two days and they are popping up on the front page - smart move. Nonetheless, I think Kickstarter should change that as it is not intented to work like that. At least that is my understanding.
    Anyway, we launched two weeks ago and we have gathered around 25% of our funding so far. It´s going to be very tight until the end but we are still convinced that we can make it.
    In case you are interested in bavarian heritage or the Oktoberfest, check out our campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gu ... ref=16vxcv

Our aim is to provide everyone access to high quality Lederhosen with a modern fit for a fair price.

Keep up your entrepeneurial spirit :-)

Greetings from Munich!
  • indiansnackmix
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by indiansnackmix » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Still debating on this one; haha. As of this post, there is about 2 days left in the campaign and super-close to the goal, but here are my thoughts,

The campaign we did was for Indian Snack Mix:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/indiansnackmix/indian-snack-mix

- Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    Yes, the biggest lesson was re-marketing. Hit people twice.

- Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    It's a 50/50 split.

- What has been frustrating?
    Communicating how great, delicious and healthy the product is. In retrospect, we should have done a professional video.

- How did you motivate yourself daily?
    Youtube - lol

- Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    Yes, hoping to

- What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?
    FB and twitter seem to work the best.
  • mrjohnfox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mrjohnfox » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Somewhat negative,

- Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    I've learnt how to better word certain things and the importance of certain forms of social media.
    - Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    1 so far
    - What has been frustrating?
    so far the whole experience
    - How did you motivate yourself daily?
    - Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    If it doesnt get funded it would still be a yes, its something ive wanted to do for awhile now
    - What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?
    Facebook and twitter are a must and abit of reddit doesnt hurt much
  • Liam Rivas
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Liam Rivas » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:25 pm

So far it's been quite positive since the launch of my Terrain Pant

This is my first project.
    We funded at $20K in less than 3 days.
    I've learned the power and importance of FB marketing.
    Many of my friends have supported the campaign, which feels great.
    New backers are discovering the project everyday.
    It's fun to put together cross-promotions with other like-minded projects--feeling the love from the KS community.

All in all it's been a positive learning experience.

You can see the project here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/92 ... ero-limits
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Really love what people are writing here about their Kickstarter experiences!

Two things I've noticed after working with creators to raise over $7 million on crowdfunding:

1. Those who go in with an open mind and aren't afraid to learn and pivot usually have a much better perspective of the whole experience after the campaign. Sometimes, people see Kickstarter as the end-all-be-all for a project, but it really isn't. It's definitely a learning experience to run a campaign and it's always possible to come back again with an even better second (or third or fourth) campaign after you know the mechanics of it.

2. Those who put the time and effort into the pre-launch work before the campaign starts usually have the best experience. It's demoralizing to not have any backers when you launch your project and the needle slows down from there. Putting that time and effort into getting an audience, conducting a warmup, and directing people to the page means backers on the first day, some momentum for the campaign and therefore a generally better outlook for the project as a whole in retrospect.

So really - it's going to be TOUGH work (who else can say they raised hundreds or thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars within 30-60 days) but please stay positive and enjoy the ride!

You're launching a project to introduce the world to your ideas/passions and are joining a huge and global community of creators!

Best of luck out there :)
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • Akhtar
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Akhtar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 am

Yes, my experience has been positive.
  • FatalMoonManga
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FatalMoonManga » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:15 am

37 days left of a 40 day campaign, this is my first time doing this so I am extremely nervous and hopeful. I’m doing everything on my own even though my artist is drawing the manga itself, it’s still just me pushing and promoting everything.