Kickstarting Gank App in 16 hours!
    Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Kickstarting Gank App in 16 hours!

by Travissoh » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi everyone! I'm launching my team's gaming gig economy app project in about 16 hours. Couldn't sleep at all right now.
    We are a small startup from Singapore, and we are all gamers for the longest time. Gank is our tribute to the gaming community, something that we hope will strengthen the gaming world and even formalise gaming as an actual career path in other parts of the world.

GANK is a digital marketplace that allows gamers to earn while sharing their video gaming skills with others who need professional help in gaming. Verified gamers can list services such as coaching, in-game support and companion gaming on the platform.

The marketplace also enables organizations and professionals of the gaming industry to offer industry work opportunities for individuals who want to be part of Esports and tournament organizations.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/kxoWmzMP4kg[/youtube]

There is a great number of gamers in the world where their abilities and skills are underutilized. We dreamed of a world where gamers and industry professionals can use their skills and knowledge acquired through hours of gaming and years of industry experience to generate their own income.

GANK was conceived with a mission to create a gamer gig economy geared towards benefitting the underserved gamers. We set out to be an all-inclusive platform for the gaming community at large, which consists of behind-the-scenes professionals who form the backbone of the video gaming industry.

GANK envisions the uplifting of the gaming community and the rejuvenating of its talents, which will enrich the gaming ecosystem further to become self-sustainable for the future.

The app is already in development. We really hope this Kickstarter campaign will extend our runway to bring the full functions of this app to live.

Please visit or come by to say Hi in the project comments section. If you really believe in our attempt to revolutionize the gaming industry, do help us pledge a small token sum too~!

Our Gank Kickstarter campaign is at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... -game-time

May all project creators here have a good campaign ahead.

Thank you everyone!
    :D

Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Kickstarting Gank App in 16 hours!

by Travissoh » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Just here to share my Day 1 journey... It's been a long day!

First off, the campaign launch was slightly delayed due to design work. Even though my team and I prepared for this for over 2 months, there were still so many things to do on the launch day. Social media posts, press releases, proofreading of materials and posters, coordinating 1st degree contacts to back ...... and so on. An endless list of things to do awaits us now that the campaign has started.

We managed to hit about 4% funding in the first 2 hours. Not the best of results we want, but it was still encouraging. It's really hard not to stare at the screen and wondering what could I have done better. My only advice to future creators will be that, no matter how much you prepare, you still will miss out something in the end. Stop spending too much time preparing. Do enough to launch, and start from there. Improve along the way. It's actually easier than an exam, you now have 30 to 60 days to find the right answers, and pass this test with flying colours at the end ! Will update daily if I have the time. Thanks for reading! :D

Oh yes. Do come by and say hi ! http://kck.st/30k4W93
    Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Travissoh » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 am

DAY 2

After going through our warm contacts, we managed to push our funding percentages to about 12%. We were 18 hours into Day 1. We are not sure whether we were on the right track, or we were just too panicky and filled with anxiety. It was Day 1 after all . LOL

It was then we had a huge boost from a cold contacts that we missed out. A cold call turned HOT. A big amount came in and we were suddenly standing at 40% funded!

Our team was truly humbled by this experience. So what did we learn today?

We had alot of self doubt when we started this project. We were not sure if our project story was good enough for our gamer audience. An app project is even worse, as it is not a physical product with a prototype we can show. The worst of all is, tech projects only have about 20 something per cent success rates. To me, the most important lesson for Day 2 is this:

Go forth and show your project off anyway. You don't have anything to lose showing people what you've got. It may be a useless product to one person, but to another, it may change their world. Cold leads, hot leads, are all leads in the end. Just go out there and connect with them. You will never know what you may find!

Do come by and say hi ! http://kck.st/30k4W93
    Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Travissoh » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 am

Day 4

Things are going slower now, and we are diving deeper into looking at data to properly track our backers. This Kickstarter gave us a good opportunity to test out all our marketing efforts, from Facebook advertising to infiltration marketing. The data we have currently is too short to tell us a full story of how our Kickstarter is performing. Its also my first time looking at that wall of data in Google analytics, and it gets real exciting when you understand the story that the charts and numbers are trying to tell you.

Other than setting up a Google Analytics tracker in our Kickstarter page, we also tried methods like sending out press releases, doing up video content for updates etc. I was also super amazed to see my press release published at https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrel ... atform.php! Leaving a copy of the press release on Linkedin also managed to garner us some backers and enquiries from some investors who were to know more about GANK.

I really hope this is the beginning of something good! - although my funding numbers is saying otherwise :lol:
    Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Kickstarting Gank App Week 1

by Travissoh » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:27 pm

To keep our momentum for the weekends, we started a like/share/ back campaign on our Facebook page! It did help push our backer numbers by over 30, and funding by a little over $1000. All in all it was a good side quest for us. Not really sure we want to do it again but that is one way we can keep things moving for sure.
    Anyway, the team is burning out, so are our 1st degree contacts. Very soon, 2nd and 3rd degree contacts will be used out, probably by our 2nd week into the campaign. We are approaching a slump soon. Hope our next strategy in place will push our campaign on. Til my next post, signing off.
    Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Project Gank App Reaching Slump period

by Travissoh » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 am

Yesterday was the first time we had less than 10 backers. The team was honestly feeling quite panicky. It seems that we had really exhausted our first degree contacts. We did plan for a slump, just didn't expect it to come so fast!
    Moving on we are doing more video content to engage our audiences, including podcasts from our founders and gaming industry professionals. During the daily morning meetup (yes, every morning except Sundays), we decided to stop looking at the backer numbers, and concentrate on our marketing efforts.We believe that the tide will turn as long as we continue to do our marketing right. We shall make more content, populate our updates and keep our current backers engaged.

Kickstarter is really a good way for us to get our act together. All the thoughts and research are being put to test. 8 days in and we are all feeling a little burnt out to be honest. But still, we believe it's worth it.

I am also looking for project partners to boost the campaign soon. Any good recommendations?
    Last edited by Travissoh on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Travissoh
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

GANK Released Prototype

by Travissoh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:18 am

Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know that we have released a screen recording of our app interface prototype. A lot of work is still ongoing in the background. Do visit our Kickstarter page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... ref=adjyi8 to watch.

Funding and backer numbers are not moving much. Just going to wait it out for the gaming influencer's content push later this week. Going to update whether it works or not. Seeya next post.
    Angomod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Angomod » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:27 pm

I understand what you mean and what your goal is, you will succeed more with online games like dota2, League of Legends, Fortnite, apex legends and so on. The only problem is that there are already such website available and a lot of advertisement I have seen on and on streaming sites and social medias. Imagine how much money you will need to lure a skilled player for online advertisement?! I would recommend taking this example of how people work to use their guidance and advices. They added on selling things online articles all major online stores and described the best parts possible. You can do the same with your website, add the best players based on game and on that list to tell their good and bad sides.
  • Conmck99
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Conmck99 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Wow this is amazing!