Any advice building an audience?
  • DoogleDongle2018
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Any advice building an audience?

by DoogleDongle2018 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:21 am

I have read that it is important and perhaps the most important thing to launch with a group of people who are going to back your campaign on day one. Usually this is an email list, but I have heard of people doing this in person with friends and family as well.

What are some good tips for growing your pre-launch network of people who will back you?

Doogle Dongle, coming soon to kickstarter!
  • BigBoJackson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Any advice building an audience?

by BigBoJackson » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:35 am

A good way to do this is to start running facebook ads well before you launch. If you've got some sort of fashion product, you can use a local store to drum up hype and build the email llist.
    no live campaign yet, im gearing up for a big 2018
    littleguy101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by littleguy101 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am

Dont' worry about that so much. All you need to do is launch with a great product, and then the backers will find you on kickstarter.com and back you. Just build a great product and the rest will fall into place.
  • Vanessa
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Vanessa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

One major goal of the pre launch phase is building your email list. It's not a good idea to start your campaign without a large email list. An effective tool for building your email list is a pre launch page and also a viral contest.
    https://www.krowdster.co/blog/viral-contests.html
    #1 Crowdfunding Campaign Optimization, Crowd Building & Promotion App https://www.krowdster.co/
  • GadgetFeed
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by GadgetFeed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 am

Having a large launch is very important! How to go about that depends on your funding goal. Ideally you should have 40% of the goal raised on the first day.
    So if your goal is $5k, having a launch party with friends and family could work great.
    If your goal is $50k; then I'd spend a solid month running FB ads for your email list.
  • JanePenny
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JanePenny » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 am

DoogleDongle2018 wrote:I have read that it is important and perhaps the most important thing to launch with a group of people who are going to back your campaign on day one. Usually this is an email list, but I have heard of people doing this in person with friends and family as well.

What are some good tips for growing your pre-launch network of people who will back you?

It can be done without a network as long as you are running ads pre-launch.