WHY WASTING TIME ON PRE LAUNCH MAILING LIST?
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

WHY WASTING TIME ON PRE LAUNCH MAILING LIST?

by luiskickstarter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Could you guys answer this, WHY we have to spend so much time on social media ads to gather a mailing list and spend weeks (even months) collecting backers before launching the ks campaign?. Instead, why not running the social media ads the same day the product is launched on KS or Indiegogo?. I keep getting hundreds of messages by potential backers asking when this product will be available? some of them even complain why we are advertising something that is not available for purchasing? We are currently running a Facebook campaign and feel we are wasting our time knowing we could get purchase or backers if the product is running on KS or indiegogo. Any advice?

• aninnina
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: WHY WASTING TIME ON PRE LAUNCH MAILING LIST?

by aninnina » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:39 pm

I feel the exact same way about this. i don't understand sending out announcements so early in advance.

Nina
    Lord Love A Zombie: Dead Inside: Welcome Too:
    Nina Hobson
    My Kickstarter project launches 4/1/2019
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Building up hype for your Kickstarter Campaign Via a Mailing

by hyperstarter » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 pm

It's all about building up hype. Also it's about knowing who is going to back your campaign on Day 1!

For example, which is better - just launching a campaign and then sending out newsletters with a direct link OR...

Letting potential backers know the benefits of your product, when it's going to launch, how much and of course...how they can support you.
    - Other benefits are using something like Mailchimp to check which individuals actually clicked and opened your message, to those who didn't. You can even test which words and subject line worked best to grab their attention.

Hope this clears up this subject as to why a mailing list is so important.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Building up hype for your Kickstarter Campaign Via a Mai

by luiskickstarter » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:59 am

hyperstarter wrote:It's all about building up hype. Also it's about knowing who is going to back your campaign on Day 1!

For example, which is better - just launching a campaign and then sending out newsletters with a direct link OR...

Letting potential backers know the benefits of your product, when it's going to launch, how much and of course...how they can support you.
    - Other benefits are using something like Mailchimp to check which individuals actually clicked and opened your message, to those who didn't. You can even test which words and subject line worked best to grab their attention.

Well, you are correct, on pre launch we can measure all you have said.. customer feedback, testing ads, video etc..
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:42 am

No problem. I also wrote a free guide on this a while back on "How to Collect 100,000 Emails":
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-coll ... giles-dawe

luiskickstarter wrote:
    hyperstarter wrote:It's all about building up hype. Also it's about knowing who is going to back your campaign on Day 1!

Well, you are correct, on pre launch we can measure all you have said.. customer feedback, testing ads, video etc..
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • aninnina
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by aninnina » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 pm

I didn't think about any of that and it all makes a ton of sense. I'm just concerned with not bugging anyone to death BEFORE i actually launch my Kickstarter project. Thanks
    Lord Love A Zombie: Dead Inside: Welcome Too:
    Nina Hobson
    My Kickstarter project launches 4/1/2019
  • Emma-crowdfunding
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Emma-crowdfunding » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:32 pm

It is very difficult to achieve a goal without generating a pre-launch email list. The purpose of the pre-launch stage is to introduce your product to potential audience members and collect their email information and do your best to keep them as hot and active traffic. All this is done so your launch day is successful. According to my experience, the first-day performance of any campaign is the most important. If your start is profitable, the SEO regarding your campaign will increase and the platform will bring more native traffic. As a result, the pledges will increase as time goes by.
  • Emma-crowdfunding
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Emma-crowdfunding » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:32 pm

It is very difficult to achieve a goal without generating a pre-launch email list. The purpose of the pre-launch stage is to introduce your product to potential audience members and collect their email information and do your best to keep them as hot and active traffic. All this is done so your launch day is successful. According to my experience, the first-day performance of any campaign is the most important. If your start is profitable, the SEO regarding your campaign will increase and the platform will bring more native traffic. As a result, the pledges will increase as time goes by.
  • aircurv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by aircurv » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:44 pm

hyperstarter wrote:No problem. I also wrote a free guide on this a while back on "How to Collect 100,000 Emails":
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-coll ... giles-dawe

luiskickstarter wrote:

Thanks for the guide!

• vaitko
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by vaitko » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:20 pm

The good and illustrative answer to this thread could be some stats from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bestself/self-journal, which made $15k In 28 Hours. How? They collected 3,235 emails of people who would be interested in their product:

Viral giveaway (1,755 emails)
    Content upgrades (509 emails)
    Facebook ads (172 emails)
    Personal outreach (150 emails)