Residential and commercial moving - is it traumatic?
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Residential and commercial moving - is it traumatic?

by teslastar » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:50 pm

I may have a contract in a city across the country from where we are now. If I take this job, I'll have to take my 5 year old out of kindergarden three months before the school year is over. We'll be staying with my family, so she'll have that at least. But new school, new city, new friends. I wouldn't even take the job except that my industry died in our current location - I haven't had a real contract in two years. I'm going nuts - depression, debt. And it's a contract exactly in my field and pays really well. But I'm really worried about DD. Is it fair to drop her in a new school in April? Are kids as adaptable as everyone says?
    Last edited by teslastar on Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raymodart
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Moving - is it traumatic?

by raymodart » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:27 pm

I would not advise you to move during a pandemic. Wait a little while until the increase in the number of sick people decreases. Many moving companies have ceased operations during the pandemic. It is not profitable for them to operate because there are very few customers, and the costs are still high. So I immediately started looking for residential and commercial moving in New York that make long-distance moves. I am delighted that I was lucky enough to find conscientious workers who helped me with my difficult move. If you search for residential and commercial moving: https://calgarymoverspro.ca to review their services.
    Last edited by raymodart on Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Moving - is it traumatic?

by MrOsborne » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:28 pm

Personally, I've found that your first few weeks living in a new city are among the most magical. All the restaurants are new. There's so much to see. You're getting to do stuff for the first time. If the first few weeks suck, you're off to a bad start....