Searching for tips ..... please help!!!
  • kellyelsworthy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Searching for tips ..... please help!!!

by kellyelsworthy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:46 am

Hi, I am searching for some tips to promote my kickstarter project. I had opened it a few weeks ago but not getting enough backer who pledge my kickstarter project. I tried to promote my kickstarter via facebook, google+, linkedin, twitter groups and community but nobody helped me. Now, what can I do? How can I promote my kickstarter. I need backers to be successful in my project. My kickstarter link is given below. If possible help me by being a backer or suggest me to do something.

Adventures stories promoting healthy eating for children!

TheGOODKyle
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Searching for tips ..... please help!!!

by TheGOODKyle » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 pm

For your project specifically I'd try contacting some pediatrician sites for publicity.
    Receiving superpowers from the Earth to combat an ancient evil is a profoundly demanding task, but society may be the biggest problem.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... -superhero
  • donatien
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by donatien » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi,

At this stage could you try to engage friends, family, colleagues, etc to get some momentum going?

Cheers,

Don
    My campaign, easy NFC for the Internet of Things:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/do ... of-things/
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 am

1. Your website is far more visually engaging than your KickStarter page.

2. Your video is boring. Even worse, it has boring music. Nowhere in it is there any personal connection. You created a video, and it's basically still images and crappy music. There's nothing exciting in it. The music, alone, makes me want to click it off. Furthermore, potential backers of your project would be adults, not kids, but the video is geared more toward kids, not adults, and even then, not to small kids, but to ones old enough to read the text in the video.

3. You created stretch goals reaching all the way out to half a million pounds. Yet, thus far, you've managed to raise a total of 137 pounds, with 17 days left in your project.

4. Even where you used art on your project page, you utilized some very small images. Instead of large book covers, you opted to display them in a small size. One result of that decision is that the art in question ends up having less visual impact.

Your stretch goals aren't visually displayed, as in using art to grab the eye and draw it to them.

5. Your stretch goals are unrealistic, even outrageous. They send the message that you are greedy, that the project is about generating money. In a nutshell, they make it seem as though you have lost your core focus, which is about advocacy of a healthier diet.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • BawsSocks
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BawsSocks » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am

Hi all,

Would love some tips on how to market and brand my Kickstarter, BawsSocks, a men's sock line looking to break into the fashion industry. Tips are greatly appreciated! Currently focusing on social media platforms as well as getting journalists and fashion bloggers interested. Any suggestions for what some other ways of getting the word out there might be?

Thanks,
    The Team at BawsSocks

Campaign Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/97 ... r-the-baws
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Is there any way you could engage your local community? I know there are fashion meetups where I live (NYC).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Kreedos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Kreedos » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:49 pm

I liked the art but the video didn't hook/engage me. The art is on point though for sure. Without a proper explanation of what you were doing in the video, it was tough to get into your project. It'd be a sound idea to hear the passion behind the art and what is driving you to do this. As an artist, I'd be more inclined to back a project if I could hear and see the passion behind it.

I recommend engaging those closest to you and maybe compiling an email list of all those you've had contact with over the years and personally emailing each one of them about your project.
    https://twitter.com/CallCenterTV
    Follow and support me on Twitter