Deuces Wild, a graphic novel Kickstarter project!
  • brettbrooks
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Deuces Wild, a graphic novel Kickstarter project!

by brettbrooks » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:09 am

Hey all!

Super excited to have discovered this forum, and even more so to be following everyone's Kickstarter journey!

My own journey has brought me through to my second independent graphic novel, "Deuces Wild", which I launched on Kickstarter this past week. It has (very surprisingly) surpassed its goal in the first day and has continued to garner some very positive return. So I thought I would share it with all of you as well! Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing all the cool projects on here!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/23 ... euces-wild
    Attachments
    deuces.jpg
    deuces.jpg (250.73 KiB) Viewed 785 times

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Deuces Wild, a graphic novel Kickstarter project!

by Charles » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Forty-six days left in your KickStarter campaign, and you're already at almost twice your goal. Very impressive!

Your video is really well done. Your execution of concept is superb! The reason your KickStarter campaign is as long as it is is tied in to the concept. I like that. Very nice touch! The way that you explained your characters, the use of stars and constellations to fade into characters, as you describe them, along with your explanation for how Deuce got his name, it's just a really well-thought out, well-handled execution of concept.

The project page, itself, is a bit light on the use of art to create a visual wow factor, but this project has the built-in advantage of a previous campaign by you - Dust Bunny, which I'm not familiar with, but which undoubtedly gave you a built-in in list of backers before you even hit the launch button on this campaign.

In your video, you come across as very relaxed. What a sharp contrast to so many videos that I have watched, where creators of KickStarer projects hem and haw their way through their videos in painfully deficient approaches at persuasion.

Really, truly, an above-excellent KickStarter in action!

Congratulations!
    Last edited by Charles on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • brettbrooks
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by brettbrooks » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks Charles! I appreciate the encouraging words, and the fact that you took time to comb through the project itself.

Yeah, it's been pretty surprising to be honest, even with a book completed before this. I'm really hoping it keeps the momentum going. Any and all support, sharing, and general warm fuzzies are always welcome! :)
  • contagent
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by contagent » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Love this project, hope you will make this cartoons and sell them all over the world.
  • Kreedos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Kreedos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:42 am

That is a very well produced video from top to bottom. Congratulations on hitting your goal so early!
    https://twitter.com/CallCenterTV
    Follow and support me on Twitter