Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compiled.
  • Lesielle
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compil

by Lesielle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36 am

@Caliburnus any news? Did @lowkey tell you something?

The World's First Adaptive Skin care. The revolution of custom skin care https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ru ... -skin-care
  • Connectupz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Connectupz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:34 am

Hi, i am looking for people to help boost our campaign, let me know what you think about this, feedbacks and help welcomed. i hired a few online agency and people on fiverr to help but only 1 of them is legit, the rest didnt bring any results so far.

Do take a look at my KS, thanks: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/77 ... almost-eve
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:14 am

Not sure Fiverr is the best way to go, but congrats on overfunding.

Feel free to get in touch with us as we're more "hands on". We're rated in the Top 9 Kickstarter Marketing Agencies by Sal:
    https://www.crowdcrux.com/best-kickstarter-marketing-companies/

Connectupz wrote:Hi, i am looking for people to help boost our campaign, let me know what you think about this, feedbacks and help welcomed. i hired a few online agency and people on fiverr to help but only 1 of them is legit, the rest didnt bring any results so far.

Do take a look at my KS, thanks: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/77 ... almost-eve
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • halosmile
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by halosmile » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks for sharing! I just launched a Kickstarter campaign through HaloSmile, a teeth whitening product that covers stains and prevents new stains from forming, I decided to run ads in house and are seeing good success from them (~$.30 per link click). Check out the project if you want! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/halosmile/1547775669?ref=592348&token=7fb08029

lowkey wrote:Hello everyone. Call me Jan. and before I start, pardon me for my english. its not my native language.

You can check my profile, and as you can see, I am a registered user since August 2015. If you have time to spare, go through my post list. You'll learn that I am just like most of you, looking for the best way to promote our crowdfunding campaign.

Its all started when I was hired by a company with a promising product (tech product - i cannot disclose the information here as they were very clear about the terms of confidentiality)... so I wonder, I am good with fb ads, google ads, graphic design etc but I am not very familiar with how marketing works for this whole crowdfunding thing.

I did my research. I went through lots and lots of forums, bought some useless ebook, studied the behaviour of most pledgers/customers who previously supported any tech based project. Then I came across multiple third party marketing company who promised me that sky is the limit. You can guess, but I rather speak out loud.

(i) Fundedtoday (FT) Funded Today
    (ii) CommandPartner
    (iii) Agency 2.0.

Well they are the most respectable company in their field. Remember sondors electric bike? or maybe Flow Hive? 13 millions and counting? Each of these 3 have their own success stories or should I say portfolio to promote to their respective clients. Thats normal right? YES, it is. No sane company will not try to brag with what they achieve!

The question is, is it all true..?

Yes, and no. Some company claimed that they were the only reason behind the success of these million dollars campaign. Which is obviously a lie. Some, never denied that the campaign went viral itself because the strength of the product and the presentation BUT, still, they never admit that. They dint claim to be the reason behind the success, but they dint tell the true story either.

By now, you should know that doing a crowdfunding campaign is not as easy as to design a compelling product and hire a marketing company to promote it. It requires a lot of hardwork, mainly market AND crowd research to obtain leads to your true potential customers. From there, when you finally understand your own potential, then only you should spend money on it.

Not before. Never before. Never, ever, ever, before.

What does it mean? It means paying the marketing company to find the crowd for you and do the research for you. Why are you here in the first place? Because you need more money for your project. Why do you let them decide is your project interesting or not? You have a bike, a pink bike. You dont know which crowd to aim, and you pay them to promote it for you. Heck, do this guy, the agent, the one managing your account on behalf, does he share the same sentiment for your product like you do? You were not aiming for some hot chick with bare boobs showing off the street but you were aiming for gay guys! They dont know that. But you do.

So you pay them. with no good results. what next?

"I am sorry, but your project do not have the right material for it to went viral"...

Do you know what they did? Funded Today for example. They went to their facebook fan page, create an ads, and boost them. You paid..lets say 3,500 - 4,000 dollars. A lot of money right? How much do they spend on your ads? The ads, which about to be your great breakthrough, how much...? You dont know. I dont know. Nobody knows.

BUT, I do know how much 3,000 dollars can reach on fb ads with proper crowd target. Almost 10,000 - 15,000 of a very specific crowd. You dont believe me? Lets do it your way. Facts and figures.

1. Go to your facebook.
    2. Create ads (Target for website clicks)
    3. Your audience must be interested in Paypal because whats the point targeting those who dont know about Paypal right? duh. What else? They must be interested in cool material, uncrate, engadget and other techies sites. Oh, and make sure they are those who age between 22-55..I hope I dont need to explain why. Do you think those under 22 have the buying power to help you?
    4. Now, enter your lifetime budget. Say, 1,000 dollars.

What does the estimate numbers shows? Lets say, less than 10,000. How bout 7,500?

Now, as you can see, the target audience for this specific ads (its not that specific in this context, i am just trying to make a point, i have my own setting for fb ads) was aiming for tech enthusiast. From 7,500 audience, you have a conversion for lets say 1%. Yes, its low, but yes, 1% is the standard conversion rate from fb ads to your site, and then to directly purchase your product.

You have 75 people joining in! Hooooray!

1,000 dollars / 75 = thats $13.00 spent for each and every one of them.

What you should do next? Communicate. Encourage them, to encourage their friends. Why do they pledge your project? Find out why they support you. Then finally you will have your real target audience. These guys, their specific interest and people around them. How big can you expand? Thats yours to find out.

So lets make a recap.

Research your audience > Create your ads > Connect with your early supporters > Finalise your crowd.

These are the step by step guide to success. The good thing about the marketing companies is they already have their own database which most likely will be suitable for your product. BUT you can never be sure. AND you should save your money. They wont tell you which is which, they'll just convince you they have one prepared. If you dont mind the hassle, go for the long way. It will be worth it, I promise you. If you want them to decide for you, be my guess.

BONUS : Refer the screenshots below.

http://imgur.com/dvfZ0YG
    This is a sponsored post (fb ads) made by My Top Kickstarter Project (Funded Today)..so now, what did I do? I clicked the far top right corner and choose "Create similar Ads"...what happen next? You will know what is the best objective for your fb ads. Good trick right?

I have more up my sleeve. If you enjoy reading this, please pm me. I might help you if I am not too busy.

p/s : i love u.

sorry, i cant control myself. laugh dammit or it will be awkward! You can reach me directly by email to : Juzokeith@gmail.com
  • beeboopbeep
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by beeboopbeep » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:34 am

Hello Lowkey and everyone else,

Thank you all for such an informative discussion as well as your experience and feedback on Kickstarter/marketing! I'm so happy that all this information is here for everyone (and myself) to learn.

My team and I are a small group based in Toronto, Canada, and we recently started promoting our Kickstarter project using Facebook ads. We ran the FB ad for ~week and we're getting 0.31 CAD per click to the landing page (spending ~8 CAD per day) but no email listing conversions yet and we wanted your input on our situation in order to improve the email listing conversion.

The product we are trying to launch is a small audio playback device that can be programmed using a desktop app where you can upload single or multiple audio files, or record your own personalized audio message directly from the app. If multiple audio files exist on the device, you can choose from ordered or shuffled playback options. We are targeting an audience who enjoy gift exchanges and are into DIY projects.

For the Facebook ad, we've been targeting people who are into Arduino, gift exchanges, DIY communities as well as additional requirement of knowing either Kickstarter or Indiegogo. This gave us an audience size of ~2 million. The advertisement is a single video set to only show on FB feeds and people who are on WiFi. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-3Zo7iEsk

As for the website, we put three call-to-action for email listing throughout the landing page and we minimized any unnecessary links outside of the homepage. Our website is: https://odiotunes.com

Thank you everyone for your help and please keep the great discussion going! :)
    Give anything a voice with Odio! We're Kickstarting soon.
    http://www.odiotunes.com
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 am

I think if you've been following the threads, Lowkey isn't held in great regard on this forum any more :(

Facebook Ads are a complex story and suggest taking a look at:
    https://adespresso.com/blog/facebook-ads-for-kickstarter-guide/

With 8 CAD, it's a too small amount to test anything and video ads might be best suited for Instagram (Plus you need an action point to redirect them to your site > capture emails).

Odio looks pretty neat, if we can help with your prelaunch and marketing - feel free to get in touch.

beeboopbeep wrote:Hello Lowkey and everyone else,

Thank you all for such an informative discussion as well as your experience and feedback on Kickstarter/marketing! I'm so happy that all this information is here for everyone (and myself) to learn.

My team and I are a small group based in Toronto, Canada, and we recently started promoting our Kickstarter project using Facebook ads. We ran the FB ad for ~week and we're getting 0.31 CAD per click to the landing page (spending ~8 CAD per day) but no email listing conversions yet and we wanted your input on our situation in order to improve the email listing conversion.

The product we are trying to launch is a small audio playback device that can be programmed using a desktop app where you can upload single or multiple audio files, or record your own personalized audio message directly from the app. If multiple audio files exist on the device, you can choose from ordered or shuffled playback options. We are targeting an audience who enjoy gift exchanges and are into DIY projects.

For the Facebook ad, we've been targeting people who are into Arduino, gift exchanges, DIY communities as well as additional requirement of knowing either Kickstarter or Indiegogo. This gave us an audience size of ~2 million. The advertisement is a single video set to only show on FB feeds and people who are on WiFi. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-3Zo7iEsk

As for the website, we put three call-to-action for email listing throughout the landing page and we minimized any unnecessary links outside of the homepage. Our website is: https://odiotunes.com

Thank you everyone for your help and please keep the great discussion going! :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • juniormz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by juniormz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks for the useful information - but I think a lot has changed since you wrote the article. I spend some money on facebook add and nothing happens - I use the target market audience.
    Is any reputable company that does not charge an arm o a leg for services for start-up projects:?

This is my project:
    A unique way to save Money.
    An efficient way to save water - zero waste water.
    Great for kids, save water while brushing teeth and germs free. JUST one TAP.
    Faucet adapter to save Water. on Kickstarter
    click--> http://kck.st/2TD9sum
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 pm

We're a company that are reputable (probably the biggest poster on this forum too!) but we wouldn't take on your project unfortunately and I'll explain why...

I think the first thing is that you've already launched but only raised $142 out of a $22k goal. This says that you didn't build up your audience beforehand.
    - Things like Facebook ads may not work as it'll be time consuming and expensive to setup, probably not worth it - just to test and find out your audience and then target them.

In terms of the product itself, I think most households with kids adapt and either help them up to wash hands/clean teeth or use a mini stool.
    - I'm thinking you should address this in your campaign and explain why yours is better.

I see One Touch as something that's available in public toilets and then you can bring it back home, having your own version.

But the lack of interest, lack of current audience and perhaps easier alternatives for people to use means you may not reach your goal.

Sorry if this sounds brutal, but I think it'll save you a ton of money from using agencies such as ours.

juniormz wrote:Thanks for the useful information - but I think a lot has changed since you wrote the article. I spend some money on facebook add and nothing happens - I use the target market audience.
    Is any reputable company that does not charge an arm o a leg for services for start-up projects:?

This is my project:
    A unique way to save Money.
    An efficient way to save water - zero waste water.
    Great for kids, save water while brushing teeth and germs free. JUST one TAP.
    Faucet adapter to save Water. on Kickstarter
    click--> http://kck.st/2TD9sum
  • DeborahOliverAuthor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DeborahOliverAuthor » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 pm

This is awesome information and insight. Thank you so much for sharing this!
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luiskickstarter » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:57 pm

How can I use youtube to catch a mailing list. I have used facebook so far but we need to increase our list..